Pink Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cherubba

Assistant Cook
My little granddaughter is turning 5 on Nov 1 and wants we to make her a "pink" cake and a chocolate cake so I was thinking of making her a base of chocolate cake with a pink cake on the top! Any suggestions for how to do the pink cake?
:pig:

If you have a favourite white cake recipe or mix, just add a few drops of red food colouring to the batter and mix until you have an even colour. Start with a couple of drops and add more if necessary. It shouldn't take a lot!

What would you think of adding some cherry juice or strawberry juice to the liquid ingredients?

I would replace some of the liquid in the recipe we grenadine syrup. Give it a pinkish tint with a subtle hint of cherry

Cherubba, I've done ALL those things and tried beet juice as well. Trust me, do what LPBeier suggests, its the only way to get a truly PINK cake that the birthday girl will enjoy. I've done one every year for about 13 years now. And whatever you do, DON'T try to use your own white cake recipe. It will end up orange not pink!

I would replace some of the liquid in the recipe we grenadine syrup. Give it a pinkish tint with a subtle hint of cherry

My mom used to do this with angel food cake! It was my favorite as a kid. Putting some chocolate icing on it would be amazing! Sort of like Cherry Garcia ice cream in cake form :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom