Please Read ASAP/Fudgy Cappuccino Cup Cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MochaBean04

Senior Cook
ok, i am doing a contest for my work for the best cake. . well i loved the Warm and Fudgy Cappuccino Cup Cakes from the All American Cake Off. . .i started to make it and realized there is no ingredient for butter and how much to use!!! Does anyone know how much to use so i can finish my recipe??? look below. . maybe im missing something

8. Warm and Fudgy Cappuccino Cup Cakes
By: Deborah Bracker
Ingredients:
1 ½ cups granulated sugar, divided usage
1 cup flour
½ cup creamer
¾ cup brewed espresso or very dark brewed coffee
4 eggs, divided usage
1 ½ cups hot fudge sundae topping at room temperature, divided usage*
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate squares, melted
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
Optional Garnish: fresh grated nutmeg, cinnamon sticks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the inside of each coffee cup with non-stick cooking spray. In small bowl, stir together flour and powdered coffee creamer; set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and 1 cup sugar with electric mixer. Beat in 1 egg, 1 cup fudge sundae topping and melted unsweetened chocolate. Gradually beat in espresso. By hand, stir in flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill each coffee cup half full with cake batter. Using remaining ½ cup fudge sundae topping, place a generous dollop of fudge in the center of each coffee cup. Spoon remaining cake batter into cups. Evenly space coffee cups on a sturdy baking sheet. Bake 45-55 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Carefully remove from oven. Cakes will deflate a little.

Divide remaining 3 egg yolks; discard yolks. With electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Spoon meringue over cake in each coffee cup. Return coffee cups to oven. Bake additional 5-7 minutes or until meringue is set. To serve warm, allow cakes to cool 30 minutes before serving. Garnish if desired. Makes 6 servings.

*NOTE: Do not use low-fat or fat-free hot fudge sundae topping.

This sounds so good! You're right about it not saying how much butter to use.

I'd start with 1/2 cup but... I'm not allowed to bake, so I wouldn't take my advice.
GOOD LUCK!

My best guess would be 1 or 1 1/2 sticks of butter with the 1 cup of sugar, there should be more butter than sugar, but maybe someone else knows better.

Wow!! What a recipe. Gotta give it a whirl!

I'd have to agree with amber, about the same weight of butter to sugar (although I have yet to see a fixed rule regarding cakes) which should be about 1 to 1 1/2 sticks.

BTW, what's creamer? Is it thickened cream or double cream?

thanks a bunch guys. . i did make the recipe and it is awesome!! they look so cute in the coffee mugs.. .i just wish i has cinn sticks. lol well enjoy them when you make them. .they are awesome

creamer. . .you can get it powdered. the brand i used was coffee mate. does that ans your question? if not ill try to explain more. . lol

melissa

i actually used 3/4 cup, and it seemed fine to me. It is a very rich chocolately cake and if you dont like sweet things, i say shy away from this one.lol I also didnt use the merainge part. im not a fan of that. i saved my slef a few eggs and just used regular whipped cream on top.

melissa

Back
Top Bottom