Pound Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel D

Assistant Cook
I made my mothers special pound cake tonight, except I put the oven temp on 350 instead of 325. It had 29 more minutes left when it smelled hot and almost done. I opened the oven, it was not burnt, but I am not sure how to adjust the remainder of the cook time. Any help? This cake takes 1 hour and 40 minutes to cook and almost 1 hour to make. I need it for a gift tomorrow morning.... Thanks, I can't call my MOM cause she will say "I TOLD YOU SO !!!
- Give karma

Could you just cover it with greaseproof, leave it cooking and keep an eye on it? It doesn't sound like much harm has been done.
Any chance of the recipe?:)

I'm sure your Mom would have been touched that you turned to her for help.

Hello Angela:)

Csalts advise looks good, to me.
What is a pound cake?
I have heard people talking about pound cakes before, but I dont know what they are.

Mel

Ciao Mel, pound cake is a simple, delicious buttery cake, it is called so because the original basic recipe calls for

1 pound flour
1 pound sugar
1 pound butter
1 pound eggs

Of course you can make variations by adding some lemon zest, orange zest, cocoa powder, crushed nuts etc. in the batter or glazing over it after it is baked.

Here is a sample of TNT recipe!!

Thanks for your advise... I did cover it and put it back into the oven for 20 minutes. Let it cool for 2 hours, and this morning it is wonderful... I kinda like the crispyness of the top of the cake. I will post the receipe this afternoon when I return from my day.

Thanks

Angel D said:
Thanks for your advise... I did cover it and put it back into the oven for 20 minutes. Let it cool for 2 hours, and this morning it is wonderful... I kinda like the crispyness of the top of the cake. I will post the receipe this afternoon when I return from my day.

Thanks

Oh good.. a treat to look forward to:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom