Pound cake problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
baked a pound =- cake last night using a recipe that i have used in the past. it came out of pan just fine. three hours of cooling . went to move to cake pedestal and it broke apart. was able to move and push together the pieces. it looks ok

what happened? maybe i over beat it. anyone have an idea why?

I don't have a clue what happened Miss Babe....I do know my Granddaddy used to say the best cakes were those that tore up!!:LOL: ~~~ You know I kinda agree...My wife has cooked some cakes she said were a total flop! They may have not won a prize for how they looked, but they tasted soooooooooo good!!:pig:

Enjoy!!

did a google, i think i over mixed it. also was in a hurry so just dumped all five eggs in at once, should have done one at a time. it uses a cake mix and i think putting it in increments would have been better. i will next time. it should taste good, has whole pk of cream cheese and two sticks of butter as well as oil. last one was just wonderful.

Toaster Ovens

Have to agree with Uncle Bob. Things that don't look pretty can still taste really great. If you aren't serving it to anybody else then who cares what it looks like. The bottom line is for it to taste good to you.

I believe that pound cakes use the muffin method of mixing. The last ingredients are the milk and flour. They are added a bit at a time to the mixer with flour being the last addition. Were there tunnels in your cake?

no tunnels in cake, had a piece last night and it is wonderful. a little fluffier than the usual pound cake. when it came apart it was the ring of cake. put on cake plate. pushed them together. can't even tell it came apart. not alone, my daughter will help eat it. it is her bday cake.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom