"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 10-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #11
Master Chef

Glad you liked it, Callie! And yes, I know from experience, that it's very, very good for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee!

Old 10-23-2005, 08:39 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
That is one awesome looking pumpkin dessert! The pic alone is making my tummy sing

I wonder if I might add a few nuts (like pecans or walnuts) to the streusel topping, and/or try it with pears in place of the apples if I had tons of pears kicking around.

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:01 AM   #13
Master Chef

I think some toasted pecans would be a very nice addition, piccolina! Pears sound very interesting too!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:41 AM   #14
Sous Chef

This sounds so amazing- I just have to make it some time this week- Thank you sooo much for sharing the recipe!!!!Love and energy, Vicki
Old 10-24-2005, 08:41 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
I think some toasted pecans would be a very nice addition, piccolina! Pears sound very interesting too!
Thanks PA The word "toasted" in your post made me think of toasted pumpkin seeds. I've added these to crumble toppings on muffins a few times, and being a pumpkin dessert I wonder how they would taste on top of this lovely cake?

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:31 AM   #16
Executive Chef

callie

Quote:
Originally Posted by callie
I made this cake last night. It is so yummy! Thanks for the recipe!!

I don't own a springform pan so I baked the cake in an 8 inch square glass pan. It worked fine. I also didn't make any adjustments for high altitude.
Thanks callie, I had a springform pan at one time but must have borrowed it to someone and now I don't have it anymore. I do have the 8 inch as you do so this is no reason to delay fixing this recipe. It is one I surely am definitely going to try. I am grateful PAB always offers such super recipes. Thanks all.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #17
Executive Chef

pumpkin apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by callie
I made this cake last night. It is so yummy! Thanks for the recipe!!

I don't own a springform pan so I baked the cake in an 8 inch square glass pan. It worked fine. I also didn't make any adjustments for high altitude.
Thanks callie, I had a springform pan at one time but must have borrowed it to someone and now I don't have it anymore. I do have the 8 inch as you do so this is no reason to delay fixing this recipe. It is one I surely am definitely going to try. I am grateful PAB always offers such super recipes. Thanks all.

Tags
None