Pumpkin Pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I tried these as another experiment and a way to use up left-over pumpkin pie filling. They came out very, very moist, and wonderfully tender and flavorfull. They were used as the main course in tonight's supper but could easily be used for a desert, especially if the batter were put into muffin tins and baked. I served them alon side some lean, fried pork chops, seasoned just with salt and pepper. The flavors complimented each other wonderfully. Here's the recipe.

3/4 cup uncooked Libby's Recipe pumpkin pie filling
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tbs. double-acting baking powder
2 tbs. Sweetener (sugar or sucralose)
1/2 tsp. salt.
2 tsp. ground cinamon

Spoon onto a hot, lightly oiled griddle and cook as you would regular Goodweed-recipe pancakes. Serve with butter, syrup, if you like, or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Myself, I ate them with just some butter because they were so flavofull. They tasted amazingly like pumpkin pie. Hmmmm. Could it have something to do with the pie filling?:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

(Beware of loose thread-zombies.... Braaaaaaaaaaaains...)

Did you (or anyone else who has tried these) happen to try the pumpkin pancakes that IHOP offered a few months ago? If you did, how do these stack up against em?

My fiancee liked those and pestered me to make some back then... I was sifting through the old posts and came across this.

Is it me or is there a liquid missing, or am I just off my rocker?

You misunderstood me. If you read closly, you will notice that I didn't say canned pumpkin, but rather, pumpkin pie filling. I had made up the pie filling according to the Libbey's directions. I had left over filling and added the other ingredients to turn it into pumpkin pancakes. The egg and milk had already been added to the canned pumpkin. The ingredients listed are those that were additionally added to the Libbey's recipe. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

You misunderstood me. If you read closly, you will notice that I didn't say canned pumpkin, but rather, pumpkin pie filling. I had made up the pie filling according to the Libbey's directions. I had left over filling and added the other ingredients to turn it into pumpkin pancakes. The egg and milk had already been added to the canned pumpkin. The ingredients listed are those that were additionally added to the Libbey's recipe. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

sounds good , will try it soon. I have some leftover too.

oh, I "accidentally" made these one time, or maybe I made them on purpose- now I don't remember! I was making pumpkin and cream cheese blintzes, or pancakes, vice versa, whatever :ROFLMAO:... anyways, lost all train of thought at this point... BUT! They were excellent! And I agree, very moist and fluffy!!!

Back
Top Bottom