Pumpkin Pie Recipes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrissy13

Cook
I'm making pumpkin pie for the first time! Does anyone know of any good recipes?!

Thanks!:chef:

3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
2 Large Eggs
1 cn (15 oz.) Pumpkin Pie Filling
1 cn (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk
1 unbaked 9" deep-dish pie crust

MIX sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Add and stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425 F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F. Bake 40-50 minutes more or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours. Refrigerate.

This is an easy yet T-N-T recipe suitable for most non-bakers. Trying to bake a pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin, can be a messy, nasty, time consuming, frustrating experience I would wish on no one! That's probably the reason sweet potato pie was born! :LOL:

Last edited:
This is a Thanksgiving regular at our home.

PUMPKIN PIE

1 C Sugar
1 Tb Cornstarch
½ tsp Salt, scant
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Ground Ginger
¼ tsp Nutmeg
1 Can Pumpkin (15 Oz)
2 Eggs, beaten
1½ Tb Butter, melted
⅛ C Molasses
12 Oz Evaporated Milk
1 Dash Lemon Juice
1 Deep-dish Piecrust

Preheat the oven to 450º F.

Sift the sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg together.

Combine the dry mixture with the pumpkin.

Add in the eggs, butter, molasses, milk and lemon juice and combine.

Pour the mixture into the piecrust.

Bake for 15 minutes.

Reduce the temperature to 350º F and bake for another 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of the pie comes out clean.

Cool for 2 hours and serve immediately or refrigerate.

Andy, the addition of your molasses can be really good! It gives it a more rustic, earthy layer of flavor.

I don't ever recall adding of hearing of lemon juice going into it though. I suppose as an acid, it would make it more fluffy as it reacts with the egg and milk and pumpkin strands (similar to a gluten structure)?

Last edited:
You're right. I have to use a deep dish pie plate to accommodate the extra volume.

This recipe originated on the One Pie brand canned pumpkin. I made a minor change or two.

I'm not giving you a recipe, I'm no baker (always make someone bring the pies to holiday tables!). But I couldn't resist an "If all fails" solution. One time a friend brought a pie that failed. The filling just never set. These things happen to the best of us, but she was in tears. I pulled out a set of wine glasses and layered scoops of filling, crust, and whipped cream, poured a little booze of some kind (rum, brandy, sherry, something that goes well in deserts) into a sort of cross between a parfait or maybe individual trifle, and desert was a hit.

Back
Top Bottom