Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake

I make a simple white glaze and drizzle over top of the cake when its cool.

NOTE - I didn’t have any allspice so I added a pinch of Penzeys pumpkin pie spice in its place

Last edited by a moderator:
Now doesn't that sound tasty! :)

Thanks! and so easy. I was in Williams-Sonoma yesterday, and they even have bundt pans shaped like pumpkins, if you want to get really cutesy!

This recipe is just another reason why I can't figure out why folks think a mix is "easier."

Can't wait to try this! :chef:

ChefJune said:
Now doesn't that sound tasty! :)

This recipe is just another reason why I can't figure out why folks think a mix is "easier."

Can't wait to try this! :chef:

I agree with you on mixes!
I took this cake to a party last Sat night and a lady there asked me what MIX I used - gasp! I had to set her straight.....:LOL:

oH, YEAH! You just gave me my 'morning after Thanksgiving' breakfast treat for the family!!! TY!

As for mixes - pifffft!:)

marmalady said:
I'm thinking a browned butter glaze or caramel icing drizzle would be awesome on this cake!

Good idea! A caramel glaze would be great.
I might try a glaze flavored with maple syrup next time.

Thanks!!!

That looks incredible.
I think if will make it, for Halloween.

Mel

glaze

To make the browned butter, would i just cook the butter, until it gets brown?

And would somebody tell me how to make the caramel glaze?

Mel

Mel! said:
To make the browned butter, would i just cook the butter, until it gets brown?

And would somebody tell me how to make the caramel glaze?

Mel

This is how I would make the caramel glaze/icing:

In a medium pan, combine 1/2 stick butter, 1/2 c brown sugar. Cook until sugar and butter is melted and well combined, stirring constantly.
Just as the mixture gets ready to boil, remove from the heat and quickly mix in 1/4 C heavy cream or half and half.
Return to heat and stirring constantly, boil for one minute.

Remove from heat, add 1/2 t vanilla and 2 cups of confectioners sugar, beat well to remove lumps.

Cool slightly and then drizzle/pour over your cake. The caramel icing will harden up once it cools.

Thanx!!

Thanks very much Toots. I never thought of putting caramel, on cakes. I would give u more Karma for this, but the system wont let me give the same person Karma, so soon again.

Mel

I made this cake for a cake walk we had last night at church & iced it with a caramel glaze that IMO was awesome! The glaze I made was just something I threw together at the last minute. I used 1 stick of melted butter, 2Tbsp. DaVinci Classic Caramel Syrup, somewhere between 1/4 & 1/2C brown sugar, & enough powdered sugar to make it thick, but still pourable. I'm getting ready to go make another one for dessert tonight. Oh, I also added some pecans to the streusel.

Back
Top Bottom