Question About Freezing Chocolate Frosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I made some heavenly frosting and I have too much. Can it be frozen, or how long will it keep in the fridge?

It's made of 1/4 C corn syrup, 1 1/2 C heavy cream, 12 oz milk chocolate chips, and vanilla. After it is incorporated, it's refrigerated until a spreadable consistancy and then whipped with a mixer.

THANKS!

It's a use it or lose it recipe. You can refrigerate it or freeze it and thaw but it will never whip again.

You could salvage it as a chocolate syrup for sundaes, drizzle over strawberry shortcake, or nutrella & marshmallow cream for chocolate toast/waffles.

A fun thing my mother did with leftover frosting was to spread it between two graham crackers. Boy were those great eatin'! She would keep them in her cookie jar but they usually didn't last long! Since your frosting needs refrigerated you could keep them in the frige for a snack.

same thing at our house, jabbur! those poor little babies never even made it to the fridge. and we thought we were eating like kings.

I used to do that with my kids too but they are all grown up now and we don't have cake that often anymore. I may have to get one of those jars of frosting and a box of graham crackers soon just to make these things!

Back
Top Bottom