Question about Pound Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gpalexiades

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I would like to make the type of Pound Cake that they have in Diners.
It is dense & heavy. How would I make this? Could it be made using a
box cake mix?

Thank you,
George

It would have to be a boxed pound cake mix...

Pound cake is called that because the basis of the recipe is a pound each of flour, eggs, butter and sugar with some flavorings such as rose water, lemon etc. A regular cake mix won't do it.

Thank you. I read the recipe and it sounds good. I'll probably try it.

George

I must admit a pound cake boxed mix does sound like you'd get what you want but I do have a recipe for a tried and true Sara-Lee-ish type pound cake [I've made it a dozen times myself so I know how it turns out]. This may be what you are looking for. Gotta bring it up then I'll Private message you with it........................Off top of my head, it uses a Duncan Hines white cake mix as the starter...

Okay, got it, check your private message it's there.

Last edited:
pound cake

I must admit a pound cake boxed mix does sound like you'd get what you want but I do have a recipe for a tried and true Sara-Lee-ish type pound cake [I've made it a dozen times myself so I know how it turns out]. This may be what you are looking for. Gotta bring it up then I'll Private message you with it........................Off top of my head, it uses a Duncan Hines white cake mix as the starter...

Okay, got it, check your private message it's there.

there is a recipe on dc for orange pound cake useing a white cake mix. making it tomorrow for guests

babe:chef::chef:

Back
Top Bottom