Quick sugar question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
I can substitute equal amount of brown sugar in place of white sugar in a banana bread recipe right...?

Just thought I'd make sure first TIA!!!:chef:

It depends on the recipe. I know that brown sugar is acidic--ChefJune, could help you more than I if you post the recipe.

Its just a basic banana nut bread recipe by bisquick.....nothing fancy.
I'll check on their site to see if I can link a recipe.

Yes, dee, you can. Just make sure the brown sugar is packed into your measuring cup.

Lee

oh ok thank you, I was pretty sure I have read before that you often can, but I just thought I'd double check with you guys!!

heres the recipe I was going to do....just something quick to get rid of some very ripe bananas I have on hand! :) Thanks again you guys!

Banana-Nut Bread from Betty Crocker

I don't see a problem with that recipe either. I am awaiting my copy of bakewise so that I can better understand the science behind baking. I know that different leaveners are used when you have an acidic batter. That is why I was hoping ChefJune would way in, she is trained as a chef and is a baker.

oh ok thank you, I was pretty sure I have read before that you often can, but I just thought I'd double check with you guys!!

heres the recipe I was going to do....just something quick to get rid of some very ripe bananas I have on hand! :) Thanks again you guys!

Banana-Nut Bread from Betty Crocker

Back
Top Bottom