REALLY-GOOD, No Really Good Carrot Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
014.JPG

015.JPG

Cake:
1¼ C. Vegetable Oil
2 C. Sugar
3 Eggs
2 C. AP Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1½ tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. ground Cinnamon
2 C. grated Carrots
1 C. shredded Sweetened Coconut
1 C. chopped Pecans
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 C. crushed Pineapple in Juice (do not drain and do not use “in syrup”)

009.JPG
010.JPG

Frosting:
1 C. softened Butter
16 oz. softened Cream Cheese
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 lbs. Powdered Sugar

For the Cake:
Preheat oven to 350⁰
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl with a hand or a stand mixer.
Add the next 5 ingredients.
Stir in by hand the last of the cake ingredients.
Pour the batter into a lightly greased and parchment paper lined 9x13 inch-pan or two 9-inch pans or three 8-inch pans.
Bake for 35-40 minutes for the 9x13 and 9-inch pans and 25-30 minutes for the 8-inch pans, until an inserted toothpick to come out clean.
Let cakes cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then remove to a cooling rack and let cool completely.

For the frosting:
Beat the butter and cream cheese with your hand or stand mixer until fluffy. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Frost and decorate as you please, you’ll have PLENTY of icing!
Refrigerate for an hour before serving

*I like to guild the lily and decorated my cake with a piping bag and some extra chopped Pecans and Coconut.
This recipe makes a LARGE cake, more than enough for a party!

022.JPG

I gotta tell y'all, I've had plenty of Carrot Cake in my life, but boy howdy-dowdy!! This recipe takes the CAKE!!

*Note to self-do not ever loose this recipe!!!

Thank you Kgirl.

I may try to scale it down to fit my 7" springform and do in Instant Pot.

That is AFTER I make a full size recipe. HMMMMMMMMMM Can I use a Bundt pan or a 9X13 pan? I don't have any round cake pans.

Thank you Kgirl.

I may try to scale it down to fit my 7" springform and do in Instant Pot.

That is AFTER I make a full size recipe. HMMMMMMMMMM Can I use a Bundt pan or a 9X13 pan? I don't have any round cake pans.

Certainly you can use a 9X13 inch pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
This is a VERY moist cake, so don't skip the parchment paper as well as grease ;) I used that spray flour+oil spray stuff, works like a charm :lucky:
And I can't say enough how GOOD this cake is... even Missus DF who REFUSES to eat anything that contains sugar had a small piece of cake :LOL:

I'm going to have a go at this. I've never been successful with carrot cakes - they always end up damp - well soggy, really. And I haven't liked the flavour. However, the pineapple is new to me so will try it.

Failing all else if I don't like it I could give it to the staff at the stables - they are always mad for cake donations!

I'm going to have a go at this. I've never been successful with carrot cakes - they always end up damp - well soggy, really. And I haven't liked the flavour. However, the pineapple is new to me so will try it.

Failing all else if I don't like it I could give it to the staff at the stables - they are always mad for cake donations!

MadCook, this recipe for Carrot Cake does come out quite moist, I can't say damp or soggy, but very moist.
But as you say, if it's a go for you then I would think that donations of any type of baked is welcome just about anywhere ;)

I have never been a fan of carrot cake recipes that include pineapple. Several years ago, I was hired to test a number of carrot cake recipes. The winner was:

Recipe Details

I love this recipe--it is moist, has the density one wants in a carrot cake, sweet, but not too sweet.

I had to make this one twice...the first one, the Saint girls tipped over the table where it was sitting, frosted, waiting to be tasted, in a cake carrier. They gave it a paws up. Note to self: Don't leave anything on the table or counter. Put in microwave/oven or on top of fridge (if there isn't a foster Great Dane in the house).

And yes, that was a bit of mess to clean up--the table ended up blocking the door to the kitchen.

Last edited:
MadCook, this recipe for Carrot Cake does come out quite moist, I can't say damp or soggy, but very moist.
But as you say, if it's a go for you then I would think that donations of any type of baked is welcome just about anywhere ;)
Moist is OK. I wouldn't have minded moist.:mad:

I'll definitely try your recipe.

I am definitely saving this recipe. I have to make gluten free carrot cake for us, but have been looking for a good recipe to make for others. I have one to bake as a thank you to our selling realtor (we had a different one for buying) and this will be perfect!

Craig asked me what I thought about this recipe the other day. I told him that it reminded me of 1 that I had made years ago that we REALLY liked (with the crushed pineapple and undrained juice) but that I had LOST. So yes, don't lose it.

We still have a third of that ginormous cake left!
I may just pitch it after today or better yet :idea:
I'll serve cake to the folks that come over to my yard sale.:)

Well, we wrapped it up early `cuz NOBODY CAME!! :LOL:

Wish I could come to your yard sale! I LOVE carrot cake and yours looks scrumptious! :yum:

Mahalo, thanks GG, I appreciate that.

Serve a slice with every purchase of so many dollars. You will clean up on both in no time! ;)

That kinda was my plan ... ;)

Print up some recipes of it to hand out with the slice of cake.

I thought of that as well if they asked for it.

As it turned out, after us three lone yard-sellers finished putting our wares back into their boxes until the next time, I served the rest of that cake to some of my new neighbors.
All in all, I'd say that participating in the yard sale got us introduced to more folks. Good ice breaker, and the cake was a hit. One gal said that if I wanted to experiment on anymore recipes, please count her in as a taste-tester :) Aaw, that was so sweet!

This cake sounds SO delicious kgirl - copied and saved. The addition of pineapple sounds over the top good. :yum:

Glad to hear that even though the yard sale wasn't what you expected, you did make some potential new friends! :)

Back
Top Bottom