Recipes to use with 6" cake pans??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DuckFeet

Assistant Cook
I found an intriguing recipe for a single layer 6 Inch pineapple upside down cake, that says serves 4. (two in my house ) :pig: I have found two identical 6" pans. Now I just need more 6" cake recipes, either single or double layer. Small personalized cakes for for the BD's of single or coupled friends would be fun. My thanks in advance ! DuckFeet

You can use any recipe in 6" pans; just don't overfill them and cut down your baking time - ie, if the recipe for an 8-9" layer says bake for 35 minutes, check your 6" cakes at 20 minutes.

Hint - If you're really into baking the little guys, get yourself a few more 6" pans, make a whole recipe of a larger cake, and then you can wrap and freeze your extra layers. Great to have on hand for last minute desserts!

A standard cake mix has 3 1/2 cups of mix, after blending the ingredients you can make 2~6" cakes. I do mine in my toaster oven. ; )

DuckFeet said:
I found an intriguing recipe for a single layer 6 Inch pineapple upside down cake, that says serves 4. (two in my house ) :pig: I have found two identical 6" pans. Now I just need more 6" cake recipes, either single or double layer. Small personalized cakes for for the BD's of single or coupled friends would be fun. My thanks in advance ! DuckFeet[/quote

would love to have that recipe for a 6 inch pineapple upside cake.. willing to share?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom