"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes
Old 04-19-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
rose cream?

heyy i was wonderin if anyone had a recipe for rose cream. . .well at least thats what they call it at work. I just learned how to make roses on cakes and what we use at work comes in containers and i cant steal their recipe. .lol. if anyone has one please let me know .. .thanks a bunch

Melocha410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
Head Chef
I am not a cake expert by any means but if you are looking for a cream frosting recipe to finish off the cake prior to adding the sugar roses you can try this. Keep in mind that since this is not made with any additives you may have to make the cake, refrigerate it and eat it quickly else I am not sure what would happen to the texture of the cream frosting.

Purchase rose extract (I know it's available at Indian stores and I am sure also at middleeastern store). I like the oil based extracts over rose water since they are more potent in flavor. I use rose extracts a lot in dishes I make so I know they are readily available.

Use 1 tsp of extract for 1.5 cups of cream for a subtle yet distinct flavor. Also add a pinch of red food color to the cream to give it a pink hue. Beat it all together until the cream is stiff.

Use this to frost the cake. I am sure you can make a butter and sugar shortening using this oil as well.

Yakuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:55 PM   #3
Executive Chef
I think you are talking about royal icing.Which is used alot for making all kinds of flowers and decorating .Does the icing dry hard do you hafto keep container closed so it doesn't dry out too fast?If so it's royal icing if it stays basicaly soft then it may be a butter cream type icing.

No matter what it is Im sure it's no big secret on how to make it.
jpmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote