Here's the recipe for Grandma O's Marble Cake
2 C sugar
4 eggs separated plus 1 extra egg white
1 C butter
2 squares melted bakers chocolate
1 C 2% milk (room temp)
1/4 C vanilla yogurt (the real stuff)
3 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour (no-sift)
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
dash of nutmeg
1 tsp fresh grated lemon rind
Into the pan:
- Cream butter, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla & yogurt together in large mixing bowl.
- Mix flour, salt, nutmeg, baking powder together in small bowl.
- Whip egg whites to med peaks.
- Combine dry ingredients and milk into butter/sugar mixture, by thirds till fully combined.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Combine 1/3 of batter with melted, cooled chocolate.
- Add lemon rind to other 2/3 batter.
- Butter and flour tube pan (make sure it has a removable bottom) and pour half of white batter into pan.
- Add all of chocolate batter on top and then add the remaining white batter.
- Make sure no chocolate batter touches side of tube pan as it will burn a little.
approx 50 minutes @ 350.
Let stand for 10 mins before removing from pan. Once cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve as-is or with a rasberry mint sauce.