Small Batch of Pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Warning noted. I have cut way back on my sugar intake as I get older...I have gone from a dozen or more Krispy Kremes at one time to now I am almost down to one at a time. Where there any early signs that sugar was going to be a problem?

No, just the typicall stuff getting fatter and fatter. Very low blood sugar levels. But a few years later ...diabetes.

Just scaled down a Dutch Babies recipe so that I could make a single serving for my DW. It came out amazing. So yet again, I share it with all of you.:mrgreen:

Single serving Dutch Babies recipe:
Ingredients:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 extra large egg

Preheat oven to 425 with a 6-inch dry cast iron pan in it (I got a Griswold 6-incher for $10 and it's perfectly seasoned now:mrgreen:). You may be able to use a similar sized ramekin for the same thing.

Thoroughly beat the egg in a bowl. Add the milk and beat until smooth. Add the flour and beat until smooth, all with a wire balloon whisk.

Remove the pan from the oven and add the butter. Stir until melted. Pour the batter into the pan and put back in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove and fill with something great.

I put sliced peaches, dusted with powdered sugar and with a dollop of whipped cream on top. My DW loved it. It tickled me to be able to make her the perfect size Dutch Baby.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Just scaled down a Dutch Babies recipe so that I could make a single serving for my DW. It came out amazing. So yet again, I share it with all of you.:mrgreen:

Single serving Dutch Babies recipe:
Ingredients:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 extra large egg

Preheat oven to 425 with a 6-inch dry cast iron pan in it (I got a Griswold 6-incher for $10 and it's perfectly seasoned now:mrgreen:). You may be able to use a similar sized ramekin for the same thing.

Thoroughly beat the egg in a bowl. Add the milk and beat until smooth. Add the flour and beat until smooth, all with a wire balloon whisk.

Remove the pan from the oven and add the butter. Stir until melted. Pour the batter into the pan and put back in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove and fill with something great.

I put sliced peaches, dusted with powdered sugar and with a dollop of whipped cream on top. My DW loved it. It tickled me to be able to make her the perfect size Dutch Baby.

i bought a can of dutch baby mix from williams sonoma. then had to order a cast iron skillet, so haven't had them yet. have you have cut down a mix recipe? would love to have it if you have.

i bought a can of dutch baby mix from williams sonoma. then had to order a cast iron skillet, so haven't had them yet. have you have cut down a mix recipe? would love to have it if you have.

The recipe that I posted just before yours, is cut down to a single serving. The original called for 4 large eggs, 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of butter, and 1 cup of milk. The recipe that I posted makes a dutch baby just right for one person. It perfectly fills a 6 inch pan.

Is this the same recipe as the one you posted a while ago, remember when we had that long conversation about our pancakes?

Is this the same recipe as the one you posted a while ago, remember when we had that long conversation about our pancakes?

Hi Charlie; This is a completely different recipe. It's makes a German pancake that is similar to Yorkshire Pudding. I think you would enjoy it. But it does have to be eaten fresh.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom