Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I guy at work had his wife make this for us and it is really good and easy!!

2 cans of crescent rolls
3-8oz packages of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/2 cup of cinnamon sugar mix {1cup sugar & 2 Tbls cinnamon}

Unroll crescent rolls to cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan and flatten.
Mix the cream chese, sugar and extract together until well blended.
Spread over the crescent evenly. Unroll and lay the other can of crescents over the top of cream cheese. Pour melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

texasgirl said:
I guy at work had his wife make this for us and it is really good and easy!!

2 cans of crescent rolls
3-8oz packages of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/2 cup of cinnamon sugar mix {1cup sugar & 2 Tbls cinnamon}

Unroll crescent rolls to cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan and flatten.
Mix the cream chese, sugar and extract together until well blended.
Spread over the crescent evenly. Unroll and lay the other can of crescents over the top of cream cheese. Pour melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Texas,
I have a sneaky feeling, I'm going to have 4 kids with sugar grins from ear to ear:LOL: I know they are going to gobble this right up..Thanks.
kadesma;)

Oh. My. God.

You typed two of my favorite words in the English language, right there next to each other! And an easy recipe to go with them!

Wish there had been some deep fat frying involved in it, though! :)

I've only had sopapillas once in my life, when I was in New Mexico. I fell in love with them! There must be sopapillas somewhere around the Boston area.

Lee

QSis said:
Oh. My. God.

You typed two of my favorite words in the English language, right there next to each other! And an easy recipe to go with them!

Wish there had been some deep fat frying involved in it, though! :)

I've only had sopapillas once in my life, when I was in New Mexico. I fell in love with them! There must be sopapillas somewhere around the Boston area.

Lee

This is a recipe that I have been meaning to make, but, I haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe it's something you can try.

I tried this out a couple of weeks ago with the cinnamon/sugar mixture and also one with cocoa powder mixed with sugar. Both came out so very good!!!

turtledove said:
I tried this out a couple of weeks ago with the cinnamon/sugar mixture and also one with cocoa powder mixed with sugar. Both came out so very good!!!

I'll have to try the cocoa/sugar mix. Sounds good!

These are the TNT recipes that are so hard to come by. Making it in a 9x13 pan is the true miracle. I am not that wild about pulling out the springform pan every chance I get.

It would be very easy to cut this recipe down and make 1/3 the amount for a party of one or two with a little extra. I have a biscuit pan that is about 7x11 and it would work.

This recipe is the best ever. I made it in the smaller pan and used 2/3 of the ingredients. It baked very nicely for 20 minutes. The topping (cinn/sugar) is the best and adds a little crunch.

It is one of the best cheesecakes that I have ever made! :)

StirBlue said:
This recipe is the best ever. I made it in the smaller pan and used 2/3 of the ingredients. It baked very nicely for 20 minutes. The topping (cinn/sugar) is the best and adds a little crunch.

It is one of the best cheesecakes that I have ever made! :)

Told ya:LOL: I'm glad that you like it too.
It can be very addicting!!

texasgirl said:
Told ya:LOL: I'm glad that you like it too.
It can be very addicting!!

Oops! :ohmy:

But it's so easy to make!

For a smaller batch, you could use a smaller pan with one can of crescents and one bar of cream cheese...etc.

The hardest part is to wait for the cream cheese to soften....5 minutes! :rolleyes:

mudbug said:
I cannot imagine this ever being necessary.

thanks, tex, for a great quick idea!

The original recipe makes 12 generous servings. 2/3 of the recipe makes 8 generous servings. 1/3 of the recipe would make 4 generous servings.

I need to cut down on my recipes.....the neighbors are getting too heavy! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom