"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes
Old 03-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
Senior Cook
I use a flexipan bundt mold. You just take a plate and turn it over and its pops right out. Cleans with soap and water. I only use flexipan molds.

virgo152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #12
Executive Chef
abcs, I think I have that same recipe, and I've had similar results as yours.

The only thing I can think of, is that the tip about using a pryex 13 x 9" pan might work. I don't think I floured my Bundt pan, either, so I may try that bit as well.

Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!
Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
AllenOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #13
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
If you butter and flour your Bundt pan instead of spraying it with PAM, I think it will release. The topping ingredients are adhering to the oily pan. The flour on top of butter should cause the topping to release.
Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:08 PM   #14
Assistant Cook
Smile Stuck Coffee Cake fix

Originally Posted by abcs View Post
I made this delicious sour cream coffee cake. It requires a bundt pan to be "greased" so I sprayed it with "pam" . Next a topping of brown sugar and cinnamon go into pan then batter, then brown sugar and cinnamon then batter. After cooking and cooling I inverted on a dish. The topping stuck to the pan!

What can I do differently so it won't stick and look so awful........It still tastes great......I just wouldn't serve it to anyone besides my family.

Help! I will share recipe................I just need to know the "trick" to make it look better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also make this delicious coffee cake and have had the same problem, but have since sprayed the pan a little more than usual and I use HyVee brand butter spray always!! Seems to work well. Or how much time do you allow it to cool? I usually invert it onto a plate after 10 minutes or so. One other solution may be to set it in hot water for a few minutes and then try to invert it. Good Luck! Let me know how your next one comes out!

Bunnytrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #15
Sous Chef
Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
Have you heard of Baker's Joy? ... Try to find some, it's magic stuff in a can. It really does work (but the nozzle tends to plug and frustrate). Try it!
AMSeccia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #16
Assistant Cook
If you want to use a bundt pan, i normally pour a little batter in first (that will be the top layer once unmolded), then put half the brown sugar mixture, then more batter, mixture and finish with batter. Batter should be on top and bottom to ensure no sticking (i still grease the pan). If using a 9x13, i'd put the batter in first and then top with the mixture.

Delicious Recipes!
luv2bake is offline   Reply With Quote