Southern Praline Pecan Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Southern Praline Pecan Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package butter pecan cake mix
1 (16 ounce) container coconut pecan frosting
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9- or 10-inch Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine the cake mix with the frosting, eggs, oil, water and 1/2 of the pecan pieces. Mix until combined.
3. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of pecans in the prepared Bundt pan then pour in the cake batter.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from pan.

Tried It

I finally made this cake! Could you tell me what happened when it turned out so cumbly? It really wasn't firm. Could you tell me what I did wrong? We still ate it and was good but had to use spoon to eat the crumbs. Didn't I let it in the oven long enough? I tested and knife came out clean. Was yours firm?

Hey ITK, Raine hasn't been around in ages, so I'll give it a go. I think you need more fat in the recipe. 3/4 cup isn't enough. If I were you, I'd up that to at least a cup OR use the required amount of oil and then add some applesauce. Since you add the frosting to the mix I think that would suck up some of the liquid/fat. That would likely help.

Thanks Alix

Isn't this awful? Not being able to fix something right away and then the person who suggested it is gone. Story of my life! I will try to make it again because of the flavor was very good. There were really lot of pecans which everyone wants. They all asked where the frosting was and I told them in the cake. Why do they always want frosting? I prefer cakes w/o them if I can help it. Many time too sweet already. How much applesauce would you put in about 1/2 cup? Really good suggestion.

You know, I think 1/2 cup would be good, but I might even go with 3/4. I like lots of pecans too. I bet this was delicious. You know, if they still want frosting hand them a bottle of that caramel syrup you can buy for your ice cream and tell them to add their own! LOL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom