Spiced Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

recipedirect

Senior Cook
My favorite holiday cheesecake. I am making two next week. One for a work party and another for the family.

For Crust:

• 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For Filling:

• 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
  • 2 cups pureed pumpkin (If using canned, 1- 16 ounce can)
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 3 eggs
Glaze:

• 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 pint whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

• Preheat oven to 325F
  • Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and melted butter. Press firmly on the bottom of a 9 inch baking pan (springform works the best) Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
  • In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Blend in eggs one at a time until mixed in. Do not over mix.
  • Pour over crust.
  • Place a 9x13 pan filled 1/4 with water on the bottom oven rack.
  • Cook cheesecake on the middle rack for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until edge springs back when touched. The center will still be slightly soft.
  • Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Cool for an additional hour.
  • For glaze:
  • In a medium saucepan, combine 3/4 cup maple syrup and 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
  • Bring to boil. Boil rapidly 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Stir occasionally. Add nuts.
  • Top each slice with glaze
ENJOY

If I have the money by Wednesday, I will be making this Wednesday night for Thanksgiving! It looks great! I've been wanting to try something like this using Nabisco Ginger Snaps instead of graham crackers. I wonder if they would be too strong for this. Hmmmm

:)Barbara

If I have the money by Wednesday, I will be making this Wednesday night for Thanksgiving! It looks great! I've been wanting to try something like this using Nabisco Ginger Snaps instead of graham crackers. I wonder if they would be too strong for this. Hmmmm

:)Barbara

I think the Ginger Snaps would be great! Pumpkin and Ginger...Yum, nom, nom!

Back
Top Bottom