Sugarfree cheesecake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MochaBean04

Senior Cook
does anyone have a good recipe for a sugar free cheesecake or that has very little sugar?? i wanted to make a cheesecake for my friends dad. he cant have sugar for a month before and a month after and its his favorite dessert. if anyone has one please post :)

thanks
melissa

There are some recipes out there for such critters - but I've never made one. I Googled and found these for you to look at. I'll admit that some of them look strange to me ... more like a no-bake cheesecake that uses gelatin for structure rather than a baked custard.

You could also use a regular recipe and use Splenda in place of sugar. They have lots of information about using Splenda on their website. Look under the recipes tab for their Reduced Fat Cheesecake recipe.

For my New York Style cheesecake I use the ingredients from Jeff Smith (The Furgal Gourmet) and the baking technique of using a water bath ala Tyler Florence.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

thanks! i made the one with the jello and YUCK! its so nasty. i do not reccomend it to anyone! ill def have to try splenda. thanks again

Just made this last week - it was great!

Splenda low-fat lime cheesecake

1 pound cream cheese
1 pound nonfat cream cheese
1 1/4 cups Splenda granular (the regular Splenda)
2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons grate lime peel
pinch salt
4 large eggs

Crust: 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup Splenda granular
3 tablespoons melted butter

Preheat oven to 350.

For the crust, mix ingredients, press into a 10-inch springform, and bake for 10 minutes. Remove to cool. Wrap some tin foil around the bottom and sides of the pan.

Beat cream cheese and Splenda til smooth. Add lime juice, peel and salt. Add eggs one at a time, scraping sides of bowl and beating well after each addition. Pour filling into pan, place springform into a roasting pan, and pour about an inch of boiling water in the roasting pan. Bake for about 50-60 minutes, til slightly firm. Remove from oven, let cool about 30 minutes; place in fridge to set for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.

NOTE: This was pretty much the original recipe (I added the water bath); I also changed the recipe up by baking the cheesecake in two 7-inch springforms, (so I could freeze one for later!). And, added more lime juice and peel after tasting the cream cheese mixture, to give it more 'punch', and added a little vanilla. You could easily sub out lemon juice/peel for the lime, or just leave it out and add more vanilla.

Pour filling into

This recipe is from a good friend...

Bern's Low Cal Cheese Cake

Cheesecake: 2 spring form pans, one small, one medium.
OR, cupcake tins with paper liners to same volume.
2 lbs part skim ricotta cheese
6 large eggs separated,
1/2 c flour
1-1/6 c Splenda
4 tbsp lemon juice [or 1/4 c]
1 to 2 tsp grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp coriander, powdered
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt.
1 c golden raisins, plumped with hot water, drained
Add 1 tsp rum to crushed graham crackers

process:
Lightly oil bottom of springform pans or cupcake liners.
Cream the cheese, lemon juice, rind, egg yolks, Splenda, salt and
Spices. Add flour. Fold in raisins. Whip egg whites stiff and fold in.
Ladle into spring forms or cupcake papers.
Start oven at 350'F. Bake for ten minutes, set temp back to 300'F and bake
50 minutes [ten minutes less for cupcakes]. Turn off heat, leave in
oven with door closed for one more hour.

*Bern is a fabulous cook, but his instructions aren't all that clear. The graham crackers moistened with rum are for the crust, and are pressed into the pan before the filling goes in.
You can alter the seasonings and leave out the raisins if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom