The Cheesecake Experiment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL rob you dont tell my husband and i wont tell your wife.. I always wanted a beach wedding

No funny enough the plastic wrap has NEVER melted i prefer it to foil for health reasons :)

Your Welcome
Daddys Girl lol

And you scare me more than Vagriller. How did you know I live in a beach house? Besides I would have to see your husband first(fear pain). So what you are saying is you just started baking with plastic wrap without it saying you could on the box or does it? It's a lot cheaper than foil. Girl, you have some mad skills.

With wonderment,
Robert

Well ive never been a "read the box " kinda gal!!

You live in a beach house lol really that was just a guess. Ever since ive been to bermuda ive been a beach girl.

THe foil use to tear and annoy me. Plastic wrap is a god.

Thign is when i use spring form for my tortes i line the INSIDE with plastic wrap too YUP thats right im ccrraazzzy but its never melted but once the cakes cool i can open the spring form and there is no sides that are stuck to it.. and i can lift it right out with out the bottom being stuck and the plastic wrap is protecting it...

LOL and my husband says "For a hot dinner or an Xbox game shes yours"

Soon To be Divorced

Jen

candelbc said:
Do you have to use tin foil to keep the water out of your Spring Form or do you have another trick?

-Brad

Brad, I'm always a lil paranoid over water incursion but that Chef jen gurl will probably tell us both we're idiots to worry about it. All I do is wrap the spring-form base with tinfoil(plastic wrap for now on:mellow:) to seal it better than without it. Let's hope Daddy's girl, Chef jen weighs in on this one.:-p:-p:-p

I dunno, new xboxes are expensive and I just ate that dinner. And besides, you're a SHOWBOAT if not a dream boat(daddy taught me well)
Would a secondhand Nintendo with a partially working Zelda due? And I'll throw in some stale doughnuts :stuart: if he pays your fare.

(new bumper sticker) "PLATIC WRAP ON BOARD"

When you say, "underneath" do you mean below the cake rack or sitting the cake in the water bath container?

I suspected that would suffice. Shhhhhhhhhh, don't let on I got it from you:devilish:

Like plastic wrap, cheap is good

Last edited:
Knowledgeable and polite. Bottle that and I'll put it in my cheesecakes. I like brandy and rum in my cakes. And two at a time if not four.

Tonight, I bake using your advice. Ness always fusses at me for baking at night, how does hubby take it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom