The most dangerous cake recipe in the world!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...Have no idea what wattage our microwave is. I'd mix in a seperate bowl next time too, but the dh says it would take away from the five minute part of the cake. Smarty pants.

Your microwave wattage should be in the owners manual and on a plate on the back or bottom of the microwave. Most microwaves have the ability to change the power level, e.g. 90% 50% etc. You should be able to use that feature to approximate 1000 watts.

...I'm going to add more sugar and a dash of salt.

I agree about the sugar. Just a little more would be perfect I think ...

That's a good starting point. It might take some experimentation to get it right.

3:30 in a 750 wattage microwave was good. It was ooey - gooey on the bottom. I assumed these were the melted chocolate chips but I may be wrong ... ? It was done on the top so we ate it up!

... like Kahlua or Bailey's to compensate? I can see broken up pieces of peppermint in here too, if you like peppermint, or a bit of Chombord drizzled in...

I think we are going to try the Bailey's idea tonight. I like the peppermint too. I really like chocolate cherry's so maybe grenadine ...

Thank you BettyR for sharing this recipe - it is wonderful!!

You are all welcome and I'm so glad you have enjoyed the recipe...the person who developed this recipe did so as a treat for her grand kids...they to have really enjoyed grandma's treat.

This recipe is a keeper. There are similar things you can do as well, and come out with a slightly different end result. I have taken my pancake batter recipe ("Goodweed's World Famous Pancakes", added extra sugar to it, and cocoa powder and made chocolate cake. But since it has baking powder in the recipe, it is lighter. I've also used the basic pancake recipe and used brown sugar and lots of butter to make a butterscotch cake, again in the microwave. If you add fruits, or fruit extracts, you can make strawberry, blueberry, orange, lemon, or whatever flavor you want. Add aplesauce to the batter, with cinamon, nutmeg, and broken pecans or walnuts and you get spice cake. The variations are limited only by your imagination.

One caution to you all though. I once used a ceramic mug that I thought would be microwave safe. It wasn't. The handle got so hot that you couldn't touch it, and the mug actually cracked. So before using any container in your microwave oven, make sure that it is microwave save.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

ohhhhhhh...I KNEW I should have left this one alone!!!
this will be dangerous knowledge during PMS...

Dangerous for who? I know my wife will appreciate the occasional quick, hot, chocolate fix...

I like it.. being able to mix the dry before hand and take the wet with me in a little container to work will let me cook this during those long cold nights on post. And it's a cheap alternative to those "just add water" microwave cakes.

I also thought that it could use more sugar. Perhaps a tablespoon more? Also it seemed to be very dense. Perhaps the best way to describe it would be 'vigorously chewy' cake. Perhaps thats me overmixing the batter, but the recipe did say 'mix thorughly' and 'mix well' and 'mix' yet again. Perhaps if I added all the wet at once and got the mixing over with quickly?

Gonna have to tweak this for personal taste... but it's good as is.

Dangerous for who? I know my wife will appreciate the occasional quick, hot, chocolate fix...

I like it.. being able to mix the dry before hand and take the wet with me in a little container to work will let me cook this during those long cold nights on post. And it's a cheap alternative to those "just add water" microwave cakes.

I also thought that it could use more sugar. Perhaps a tablespoon more? Also it seemed to be very dense. Perhaps the best way to describe it would be 'vigorously chewy' cake. Perhaps thats me overmixing the batter, but the recipe did say 'mix thorughly' and 'mix well' and 'mix' yet again. Perhaps if I added all the wet at once and got the mixing over with quickly?

There isn't a lot of leavening power in this cake. It's gonna be a dense cake.

dangerous for my waistline, my 'hips', my diet, etc!!
I can see myself camped out in my kitchen with a bag of
flour and a tin of cocoa and making meals out of this...

That recipe sure gets around!! Has been emailed to 1000's of people here in New Zealand the past few weeks. :)
I will definitely be trying it out.

This cake get really dense and chewy if you over cook it. My microwave is more powerful than the 1000 watts the recipe calls for so I only cook mine for 2 minutes instead of 3.

I'm sure we all use different sizes...but the one I use is quite large...it holds 14ounces.

This cake get really dense and chewy if you over cook it. My microwave is more powerful than the 1000 watts the recipe calls for so I only cook mine for 2 minutes instead of 3.

If your microwave has adjustable power settings - you might try reducing the power and cooking for the full time. I have noticed this does make a difference in several instances instead of running at full blast for a shorter time.

If your microwave has adjustable power settings - you might try reducing the power and cooking for the full time. I have noticed this does make a difference in several instances instead of running at full blast for a shorter time.

Exactly, Michael. I reduced the power on my microwave and cooked the cake at the recommended time. The cake was tender and yummy.

Cool...I'll give that a try. :)

I shared this recipe with my youngest brother and he's packaged up several small zipper-lock plastic bags with the dry ingredients and chips/nuts. Now all he has to do is add the wet stuff when he wants cake. He inspired me to do the same thing. This makes the cake even more dangerous.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom