The most difficult recipe: The "pasta sfoglia" (the pastry)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benedotta

Assistant Cook
hi my friend. I come from Italy and so I eat very often the cake with pasta sfoglia and cream or the pasta sfoglia to do the croissant. I tried often the recipe and it is very difficult and long and often I erred .
i wonder me if in other country this recipe is used so often as in Italy ?:chef:

I made it once years and years ago. Just too much work/time when I can buy perfectly good puff pasty from the freezer section of the grocery for the limited amount of times I use it.

We call it "puff pastry" in the US. I've never made it myself.
I made it at school in Domestic Science but decided life is too short. I buy very good fresh and frozen puff pastry made with butter in the shops. Why keep a dog and bark yourself.

Puff pastry and croissant dough aren't the same thing though. The latter is a yeasted dough. I make those sometimes when I feel like it.

Last edited:
My mom and I used to make it at home, back in my Soviet days, but even there they realized that it is a very good product to sell. Too much work at home, but easy done commercially. I buy a lot of it. I can eat it plain, I love it so much.

I made it at school in Domestic Science but decided life is too short. I buy very good fresh and frozen puff pastry made with butter in the shops. Why keep a dog and bark yourself.

Puff pastry and croissant dough aren't the same thing though. The latter is a yeasted dough. I make those sometimes when I feel like it.

I agree. Pasta sfoglia is definitely puff pastry. If the poster is using puff pastry dough to make croissants, then that's not the proper application.

yes we are right , I erred when I said that the croissand is made with pasta sfoglia, but the form of croissant deceived me:ROFLMAO::wacko:

Back
Top Bottom