Tiramisu Lollipops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Wasn't sure where to post this dessert.

A while back, on Food Network, there was a chef (at a Rockefeller Center restaurant? in New York) that created dessert lollipops from assorted pastry/cakes. The recipes were not given. (Think you could purchase them via mail order). Looked high and low & this was the closest idea I found. I wouldn't want to wreck a tiramisu, but think the basic idea could be applied, let's say using cheese cake, brownies, carrot cake (home made or store bought)...or any cake recipe. Another thought -- instead of a melon baller, cut the cake in little squares - or strawberries dipped in chocolate lollipops.

Tiramisu Lollipops

1 store-bought tiramisu
24 white candy or popsicle sticks
8 ounces chocolate chips, or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Cocoa Powder, for dusting

Using a melon baller or mini ice cream scoop, spoon out balls from the tiramisu to create small circles of cake. Place them on a cookie sheet and stick a popsicle stick in each ball of cake. Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave on 50% power in 1 minute increments. Pour the chocolate into a deep but narrow container to aid in the dipping process. Dip the frozen tiramisu lollipops into the melted chocolate to cover on all sides.

Place the lollipops on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper and return them to the freezer to harden.
Dust the lollipops with cocoa powder before serving.

Makes about 2 dozen lollipops

Sounds like a fun idea for a dessert buffet!

You can also buy cake pans in the shape of popsicles. They look a lot like the cookie pans for making round cookies on a stick (Wilton and Baker's Catalogue have them). They'd be fun for a more casual dessert for kids.

Thanks, PA. Hope it airs again on Food Network. The flavors sounded so yummy & a new little twist for, perhaps a dinner party too. (Bet some marbelled cheesecake would be a yummy pop too.) Lots of room for experimenting. The popsicle trays reminded me of a salmon mousee mousee type appetizer. I'll go look at my files & try to post under appetizers. :)

Back
Top Bottom