TNT Angelfood Cake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IcyMist

Sous Chef
Does anyone have an EASY TNT angelfood cake recipe? My brother-in-law has been doing a lot for mom and I lately and this is his favorite cake and I want to show him that we appreciate what he has been doing. Not everybody has a wonderful brother-in-law like I do. :)

Also very important question. Can you bake an angelfood cake in a bunt pan?

Last edited:
IcyMist, I better whisper this so come close...(Buy an angel food cake mix! MUCH less effort and usually better results!)

I've never tried it in a bundt pan, but I have done them in 9x5 loaf pans. It makes a nice cake that you can slice and serve with fruit topping.

Alix is so very right!! PA Baker is too. I have tried making angelfood in a bunt pan and it didn't turn out as well. Go for the loaf pans!!

Thanks everybody, will do. :) You guys are awesome!!!!! Would much rather go with a mix if it turns out good than following a recipe. As for what will go with it, am planning on a mixture of raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and a splat of whipped cream. How does that sound?

Ooh, my mom used to make an angel food cake and then slice it into three equal layers. Then she'd let some sherbert ice cream get a tad bit soft and use in in between the layers. Pop it back into the freezer and slice as needed.

:heart:
Z

Oh great Zereh, now I have to make another decision. ARGGG Not sure if bil likes sherbert though so will probably go with the berries. May use not quite so many and was thinking of simmering berries where there would be a sauce. Any ideas there? Not sure how to do that without ruining berries. Maybe cook one berry (blueberries??) down to make the sauce?

I always go for the boxed angelfood cake mix; just add water! I make it in my silicone sponge cake mold which is 3 quarts. It still rises over the dish a bit, so I would think with a bundt pan you may have some overflow problems. I have served it with strawberries and raspberries and whipped cream. I've never cooked them down, just washed and sliced the strawberries a few hours ahead and gently stirred in some sugar (early or late season berries sometimes are a little tart!). Have done the same with raspberries minus the slicing, then just stuck them in the fridge until ready to serve.

I'm with lhanson. If you mix your berry blend with some sugar and allow them to macerate for a few hours, you won't have the need to cook them down at all.

kkkkkkkkkkkkk ty :) Grrrr silly minimum restrictions. First time something told me I am not talking enough. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom