TNT Apricot & Almond Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boufa06

Executive Chef
With apricots in season, this is a good time to share this delicious cake recipe with you. I have lost count of the numerous times I baked this cake for relatives and friends. So here goes:

APRICOT & ALMOND CAKE

Ingredients:
8oz/225gm butter - softened
8oz/225gm sugar
6oz/175gm self-raising flour - sifted
4 eggs
2 tbsp milk
4oz/115gm ground almonds
5 tbsp fine breadcrumbs
1 lb/450gm fresh apricots - stoned and halved
Almond essence (optional)
Icing sugar for dusting

Method:
1. Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly on a 9-inch round cake pan that has been greased and lined with greaseproof paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one by one before folding in sifted flour along with milk, ground almonds and a few drops of almond essence if using it.
3. Transfer half of the mixture into the cake pan, decorate the top with half of the apricots, spoon over the remaining mixture and finishing with the remaining apricots.
4. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F/180 degrees C for about 1 hour or until done.
5. Remove lining paper and sprinkle cake with icing sugar.

Boufa,
this sounds delicious. We have a good sized crop of apricots coming along here and I'll plan on making this for us.
Thanks for sharing.
kadesma:)

You are most welcome, kad! I am sure you and your family will enjoy this easy to prepare cake. Be sure to use firm apricots so that they will not shed too much water during baking. Failing to do so may cause the apricots to disintegrate and the cake to become soggy in the middle. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom