Tnt... Pumpkin Raisin Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
just made this tonight. a true keeper. hope you all enjoy it as much as i did.

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ( i used 3/4 )
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup raisins
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg at room temperature

i also added 1/2 cup of toasted walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 by 8 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda. Rinse the raisins and then pat dry with a paper towel. Add the raisins to the flour mixture.

In a seperate bowl whisk together all the remaining ingredients until smooth. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in the nuts, and pour batter into the prepared pan.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes put clean. Let cake cool on a rack completely before cutting into 16 squares.

This looks wonderful! When I make this, I'm going to invite Alix over. She hates pumpkin, so that will mean more for me! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

:) Barbara

I think it would be good with sliced peaches also. One of my favorite desserts is gingerbread and sliced peaches. Thanks for sharing. How do I give you karma?

licia said:
I think it would be good with sliced peaches also. One of my favorite desserts is gingerbread and sliced peaches. Thanks for sharing. How do I give you karma?

Just go to the post that you want to give the person karma for and look at the left side of the post where you see the member's name and info. At the bottom of that large blue box you'll see blue buttons. The one on the left says "give karma". Just click on that and follow the steps from there.:)

Back
Top Bottom