Toasted-Coconut Marshmallow Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IcyMist

Sous Chef
Another want to try recipe

TOASTED-COCONUT MARSHMALLOW CAKE

1 box Jet-Puff toasted-coconut marshmallows cut in half. 1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix prepared per package directions. Spread marshmallows, cut side down, on the bottom of a non-stick-sprayed (9x13 inch) glass baking dish. Pour batter over the marshmallows and bake per the package directions. The marshmallows will come to the top forming a glaze or frosting!

Note: try any other flavor cake mix that sounds good to you. One neighbor used yellow cake mix and another pineapple. The toasted-coconut marshmallows can be tricky to find. Many stores only carry them during the holidays. Try a Big K-mart or Super Wal-Mart. The big warning however, is to buy an extra bag of the marshmallows. They are like candy and once you start eating one you can't stop. But you need a whole bag to make the recipe.

Just saw the toasted marshmallows again at Wal*Mart yesterday.
Hurry up and grab a dozen bags while they're there!

For the last two days I've been combing my area looking for these marshmallows and finally found them at a CVS Pharmacy today.

The cake just came out of the oven awhile ago and I'm enjoying a slice (OK, OK a big slab!) of the cake while I type. All I can say is OMG!!!!! Actually that's about the sound you make because it's awfully gooey from the marshmallows. It's so yummy! Especially with a big glass of milk. Only change I'd make next time is to add a little coconut extract to the cake batter to give it a bit more coconutty taste. But overall, it's a keeper!

Hey, marm, if you can find these marshmallows, this would be a good one for your baking job (or else use regular marshmallow and mix some toasted coconut into the batter)!

LOL your poor DH. Better be careful, most men can smell coconut on your breath. :LOL: :LOL:

Interesting! Sounds like one to try, and simple too.

Oh I do envy you. It would be wonderful to have a view like that. I bet its really cold during winter though. I couldn't handle that, unless you have a roaring fire going constantly.

Back
Top Bottom