Torta Angelica recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucia

Assistant Cook
That's my first recipe posted,
I got some problems with the conversion from grams, I used ounces cause in this recipe is too aproximate to use cups.
And I think I mistaked all the words too, I've never learned the cooking language!:LOL:
I'll post it anyway, but maybe there's someone who lives in Italy that could help me.

Torta Angelica:

leaven:
4. 76 oz flour (135 g)
0.46 oz "fresh beer yeast" (13 g) or 1/2 package of active dry yeast
2.6 oz water (75 g)

dought:
14.1 oz flour (400 g)
2.6 oz sugar (75 g)
4.23 oz lukewarm milk (120 g)
3 yolks
1 teaspoon of salt
4.23 oz butter (120 g)

filling:
2.6 oz sultanas (75 g)
1.7 oz melted butter (50 g)

knead all the ingredient for the leaven and let it leaven for 30 minutes.
Menawhile prepear the dought:
combine in a bowl flour, sugar and salt. Add the yolks, the lukewarm milk and the butter.
Knead it very well, then add the leaven.
Let it leaven for 2 hours.
After this time, put the dought on a pastry board and smooth it to a "sheet of pastry" of 0,1 in.
Paint it with the melted butter and fill it with sultanas (or chocolate chips, or hazelnuts, everything you want)
Then roll it up from the logest side.
Taking care, cut the roll for the long in two.
Inteslate the two pieces keeping the cutted part up. Then close it as a ring.
Let it leaven for other 30-40 minutes, it must be the double.
Cook at 390° F for 20-25 minutes.

Here you can see the process, but it's in italian:
torta angelica - Cookaforum

and that's mine!
tortaangelica.jpg

P.S. It's delicious!

Last edited:
well, now i know 2 people at whose house i intend to stop by to eat at when i ever get to italy. looks scrumptious!
icon12.gif

Ke bella, complimenti!!

That looks delicious Lucia!! Thanks for sharing your lovely recipe!
BTW I live in Rome, there are a few others on this board also from Italy. (Lulu above included!) Great to have another "neighbour" here!!

Yeah, it's wonderful! A.."Little Italy" on the net! Lulu told me, so..there's me, you (urmaniac), lulu and another one from Milano (i don't remember his nickname)!
Later I'll try to translate my favourite recipe for "pizzette"! The problem is always the conversion from grams.:wacko: But it's a good mathematical exercise!

There are some good websites that do the conversions for you, I have to use them all the time!

Lucia, when posting your recipes, it would be a good idea to include both metric units and American units for the benefits of some other DC members.

thank you pdswife and shpj4! But I must change the "brewer's yeast", it isn't the right word. I'm asking some americans who post in "my" italian forum, and I'll change it as soon as I can!

Back
Top Bottom