Twinkie Tiramisu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i'm gonna try this recipe this weekend. a dear friend is visiting from ireland this weekend, so i wanted to treat him to a good american meal, and figured on a cookout. we're gonna grill some shrimp, steaks, chicken, corn and pound a few bud and coors'.

but for dessert, i was trying to think of something new and tasty, that i could accomplish, and i remembered this recipe i saw once. what is more american than a twinkie? :)

TWINKIE TIRAMISU

Ingredients:

1 box of Twinkies (10)
16 oz of Ricotta cheese
8 oz of Mascarpone cheese
1 lb of Powdered Sugar
2 oz of Dark Rum
6 oz of Kahlua
1 Hershey's Chocolate Bar (milk or dark
chocolate)
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder

Method:

Line a 9" x 13" x 3" pan (or similar size)
with Twinkies. Distribute for even coverage.
Drizzle Twinkies with Kahlua and let them
soak.

Next, combine Ricotta and Marscapone with a
large spoon until smooth. Slowly begin to
add Powdered Sugar (reserve 1/8th package of
sugar for garnish) and whisk until mixture
is smooth but heavy. Add Dark Rum and
continue to whisk until fully combined and
mixture is fuller and lighter. Taste mixture
for desired sweetness (do not add more rum
or Tiramisu will not set properly).

Pour cheese mixture evenly over Twinkies in
pan, use a soft spatula to smooth mixture
and distribute in-between Twinkies and into
corners. Cover and place pan in refrigerator
for four hours to set.

To finish, sprinkle Cocoa Powder liberally
over top of Tiramisu. Then grate Chocolate
Bar and drizzle shavings over the top as
well. To serve, cut into pieces and dust
with powdered sugar. Enjoy!

For something different, try Frozen Twinkie
Tiramisu by freezing overnight (just
remember to cut pieces out with a hot,
butter knife) it's decadent!

lol, jkath. i just have to find a 6 foot box with holes in it (i wouldn't want it to spill!!! :chef: )

Twinkie-misu

Twinkie-misu

Items Needed:

• Box Hostess Twinkies
  • 1/2 cup strong coffee, cooled & sweetened
  • 1/4 cup Kahlua (optional)
  • 1/2 gallon coffee or coffee & chocolate ice cream
  • Chocolate shavings or sprinkles
DIRECTIONS: Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise. Spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Put five Twinkie halves, cream side up, side by side in pan. Mix coffee and Kahlua (optional); with pastry brush, apply liberally to cut side of Twinkies. Spoon about a 1/2 inch layer of softened ice cream over Twinkies. Repeat until you have used enough Twinkies & ice cream to fill the loaf pan. Cover tightly with foil and freeze several hours or overnight. This can be served from the pan in slices or unmolded, garnished with the chocolate and served. Serves about 10.

tiramisu.jpg

Sounds good Mish!!
I wish I had seen this before this weekend. Serves me right for not looking all in here first. pasting and saving for the next party :eek:)

No way!!!! I generally shun sweets and desserts but I love a good tiramisu. The Twinkie recipes looks awesome! I'm trying to work up the nerve to ask a girl I've known for awhile over for an outdoor dinner by candlelight, this is going on the menu! :cool:

The thing that made me sit up & take notice was the ice cream in a tiramisu recipe. New to me, at least.

Texas, how did your desserts turn out? They both looked wonderful, btw.

DampCharcoal said:
I generally shun sweets and desserts but I love a good tiramisu.

Did I hear you right? You shun desserts? Say it isn't so Damp! My heart is breaking! (BTW, good to see you buddy, I've been missing you lately)

I think this recipe is adorable, anything with twinkies (let alone a tried and true Italian fav) has to make you smile :mrgreen: Thanks for posting it!

ICadvisor said:
I think this recipe is adorable, anything with twinkies (let alone a tried and true Italian fav) has to make you smile :mrgreen: Thanks for posting it!

Thanks IC. Haven't tried it, but what could be bad, right? :) Thought it was such a cute idea. Found it at twinkie.com or planet twinkie. There are some interesting desserts, if anyone would like to take a peek. Here's Twinkie Sushi :ROFLMAO:

Items Needed:

• 3 Hostess Twinkies
  • Assorted dried fruits
  • Assorted fruity candies
  • 2 green fruit roll ups
  • Dried mangoes (looks like pickled ginger)
twinkesushithumb.jpg
DIRECTIONS:
Slice Hostess Twinkies into pieces about an inch tall. Slice fruit roll ups in strips to the long enough and wide enough to wrap around the Hostess Twinkie pieces. Wrap the fruit roll ups around the Hostess Twinkie pieces. Place dried fruits and candies into the cream filling. Place Twinkie rolls on a plate or in a bento box. Garnish with strips of dried mango to resemble pickled ginger if you wish! Serve with chopsticks if you wish.
© 2004 Clare Crespo

twinkiesushi.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mish,

Now that's playing with your food! I recall a trendy nightclub serving Twinkie sushi too, but I think it was just slices of twinkie.

Another neat way I've used twinkies (I know they are hardly [size=-1]haute cuisine :-p) [/size]is to substitute them in place of sponge in trifle recipes.

Back
Top Bottom