Urgent cheesecake help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Ok, did not follow directions, imagine that:angel:

2 eggs
2-8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c sugar
1 tbsp flour
called for 1/2 eggnog, I put 3/4
It seems too runny though. {don't normally do cooked cheesecakes though}Is there a way to add anything, flour maybe? without it being trash?

The consistency right now is like runny pancake mix or well... like thick eggnog:LOL:

Ok, did not follow directions, imagine that:angel:

2 eggs
2-8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c sugar
1 tbsp flour
called for 1/2 eggnog, I put 3/4
It seems too runny though. {don't normally do cooked cheesecakes though}Is there a way to add anything, flour maybe? without it being trash?

The consistency right now is like runny pancake mix or well... like thick eggnog:LOL:

Hey, TG - I'm not super-experienced with cheesecake - I've made exactly three in my life ;) But they all turned out great, and they were all this year, the latest a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving. Your batter sounds right to me - it's supposed to be runny. If it doesn't seem done at the end of the baking time, you can bake it a little longer to cook out the extra liquid. HTH.

But why did you put in an extra 1/4 cup eggnog? In general, baking recipes should be followed exactly.

Because the person that gave it to me said that she could not taste the eggnog at all, so, I put just a little more in to test it. This is a test run to see if I like it. To bring to a christmas party.
but, I never follow the directions to a T and they come out good, but, baked cheesecake is not my thing.

thank you SO much for telling me it sounds normal, lol. I will bake now and see what happens.

Because the person that gave it to me said that she could not taste the eggnog at all, so, I put just a little more in to test it. This is a test run to see if I like it. To bring to a christmas party.
but, I never follow the directions to a T and they come out good, but, baked cheesecake is not my thing.

thank you SO much for telling me it sounds normal, lol. I will bake now and see what happens.

Good luck with it :)

There is a rum extract that you could add instead of adding more eggnog to make the flavor more pronounced without adding extra liquid to the recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom