Variations of 7 minute frosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valgal123

Assistant Cook
I'm wondering if I add some of my oil based extracts to a 7 minute frosting if it will end in disaster? I believe so, but you know there is meringue buttercreams where fat is added to the whipped egg whites and it eventually comes together, but is it the same with a teaspoon of an extract? Will it curdle and end up in the sink instead of on a cake?

Also, can you add pumpkin puree to 7 minute? Strawberry puree? White chocolate, milk chocolate? Citrus juice? Powdered milk? Peanut butter? Lemon curd? What about making it with whole eggs instead of just the whites?

And what if I added butter one Tablespoon of butter at a time, would it turn into a meringue buttercream? I have made meringue buttercreams before and I don't like how it tastes like your eating a stick of butter, but I'm just curious. I really need to experiment. Would love to hear what you have to say! Thanks

Adding other flavorings should not be a problem just use them sparing. Once I added too much peppermint extract to a frosting and it was extremely minty. I am not sure about the other questions used asked, but I am sure someone else on the DC might have an answer.

Here is a link to a coconut cake using seven minute frosting with additional additions to the frosting.

Coconut Cake with 7 Minute Frosting

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom