Very fast Lazy Daisy Cake.. Microwave!!!(and broiler)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
After reading about chocolate cake in a cup, I figured what the heck.
OK..I did not measure anything..
Fire up your broiler..

In a GLASS bowl I put in some flour, some baking powder, sugar, 1 egg and some water and coconut. Stirred it up and popped it in the microwave for around 2.5 minutes. It turned into a pretty nice white coconut cake.

While that was cooking I mixed up some melted butter, brown sugar and coconut in a cup for the topping.

I spread that on top of the cake, popped it under the broiler until the topping crusted over.

Pretty darn tasty!! and it took about 7 minutes from start to eating it.

Oh, Jeff, shame on you for tempting me to try this! I said I wasn't going to make any form of cake for a month! But now you have gone and done it and I want this with my ice cream and strawberries for dessert!

Oh, Jeff, shame on you for tempting me to try this! I said I wasn't going to make any form of cake for a month! But now you have gone and done it and I want this with my ice cream and strawberries for dessert!
well... I didn't use any oil if thats a consolation.. It was still very nice..spongy but pretty light. Like I said.. I didn't even measure.. just kind of dropped everything in the bowl..
same with the topping, but face it butter, coconut and brown sugar.. you don't really need to measure. Just make sure it isn't runny before it is crusted/candied in the broiler--lots of coconut.

well... I didn't use any oil if thats a consolation.. It was still very nice..spongy but pretty light. Like I said.. I didn't even measure.. just kind of dropped everything in the bowl..
same with the topping, but face it butter, coconut and brown sugar.. you don't really need to measure. Just make sure it isn't runny before it is crusted/candied in the broiler--lots of coconut.

LOL!!! I wasn't questioning your methods at all! I bake like that all the time! I was just joking about staying away from cake baking because I had a huge marathon of it with 5 wedding cakes (all large ones) in the last two months. But I will try this for sure!

Back
Top Bottom