Walnut and Coffee Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gravy Queen: Gorgeous Sweet Tooth Pleasure

:yum: Wow ... Gravy Queen, you can Bake !

I shall take down the recipe in my notebook ... Shall give this one a try for the Vet´s morning coffee ...

I have to photograph mine too ...

Have great week ahead,
And a lovely August,
Margi.

Gravy Queen,

The only question I had is: Delia lists two types of Sugar.

One is Caster Golden and the other is: demerara which is sugar cane, or unrefined sugar ...

Now, I can translate it into Italiano and Castellano ( español ).

Thanks dear.
Margi.

Last edited:
Looks good. My only problem is that I have been told not to eat too many walnuts with my low thyroid. Isn't that funny. I guess it interferes with the absorption of the medicine. That and broccoli too. Who knew? Oh well. I still have them, but just not as often.

YUM! Coffee and walnut cake looks delicious. I think that I will give it a try.

Thanks for sharing here :)

Looks good. My only problem is that I have been told not to eat too many walnuts with my low thyroid. Isn't that funny. I guess it interferes with the absorption of the medicine. That and broccoli too. Who knew? Oh well. I still have them, but just not as often.

Thank you for that tip. I've got hypothyroidism and I didn't know :(
One I know about is grapefruit. My meds were not nearly as effective when I ate grapefruit and my GP said grapefruit should be avoided when you're on chronic medication unless your Dr gives you the go ahead!

Thank you for that tip. I've got hypothyroidism and I didn't know :(
One I know about is grapefruit. My meds were not nearly as effective when I ate grapefruit and my GP said grapefruit should be avoided when you're on chronic medication unless your Dr gives you the go ahead!

I will have to bring this up with my doctor this Thursday. Fortunately, I don't like walnuts. Crazy about pecans and hazel nuts though. But cashews are my all time favorite with macadamia. I don't eat grapefruits, but I do occasionally have the juice. Thanks for the info. Who knew? :angel:

I will have to bring this up with my doctor this Thursday. Fortunately, I don't like walnuts. Crazy about pecans and hazel nuts though. But cashews are my all time favorite with macadamia. I don't eat grapefruits, but I do occasionally have the juice. Thanks for the info. Who knew? :angel:

Do find out. I can't drink grapefruit juice or eat it because of the lipitor I take for cholesterol either.
I love grapefruit :(

Back
Top Bottom