What cake am I thinking of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

falsedog

Assistant Cook
What cake is this?

My old mum used to make it years ago and I wanted to recreate fond memories of childhood by making this cake myself. Unfortunately it's not in her old recipe book I don't know what it's called, nor what exactly went in it. But from memory, perhaps you can help me recreate this fondly recalled cake. Cake is perhaps wrong, more like bake?

It was made in a square baking tin, started with a layer of chocolate then the main layer of the cake was a yellowy mixture of coconut, cherries and cake mix. Mmmm!

Any idea just what it was I used to enjoy all those years ago?

I could of course just call my mum and ask her, but then she'll be on at me to help out in the garden, buy groceries for &c &c

I think I would help in the garden and grocery shop just to get a recipe like that it sounds really good!!!

I'm not sure of the name of it but it'd probably involve making a batter of coconut milk, cherries and some vanilla extract, along with a standard mixture of flour, baking soda/powder, etc... .The layer of chocolate would simply be all-purpose flour (or whatever other flour you want), cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Spray a square dish then plop the chocolate mix in it, bake it up, carefully extract the chocolate square from the square dish thing. Bake the first layer with the coconut and whatever else, then put it ontop. Or, bake them together in one large square dish.

Just to be on the safer side, do the garden work, buy a few groceries and get the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom