"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes
Old 06-29-2016, 11:43 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by outRIAAge View Post
Lemon-Ricotta Cheesecake. Some simple graham-cracker crust and shaved-chocolate top, but the other main ingredients were two gallons of whole milk and four lemons, which gives ~3lb of lemon ricotta. (Luckily, panty-hose come with two legs, so you can drain both gallons at the same time.)

It was that rarest-of-things: a weightless cheesecake. I made it in a big square springform pan, and the entire thing evaporated.
I have never been a big fan of graham crust. I like to try and match the flavor of the crust to the main offering.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:17 PM   #32
Assistant Cook
Not exactly a cake, but this 4-layer dacquoise with hazelnuts, almonds, and espresso ganache was definitely the most work I've put into a dessert in a while. I think I got the recipe from ATK. Very pretty and very tasty.

Engineer at Pantelligent.
Introducing precise temperature control for the stovetop.
LazyEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:20 AM   #33
Assistant Cook
Great cooking techniques

my name is maryan am am trying to learn how to cook both weeding and birthday cakes. and this is my first forum i hope i will get help like recepies and procedure

Best Regards.
Maryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:40 AM   #34
Senior Cook
LazyEngineer you have me just as you could spell dacquois The result looked awesome.

If I were you I would move to Utah, buy a decomped missle site, and hole up there eating dacquois and never go on the internet again.

Googled once 'how do I make bread' and believe me I am stuck with the cooking thing, even worked in a commercial kitchen, once upon a time.

I just mastered pie, I forgot cake. Let the learning curve again begin!
sourdough isn't a recipe, it is a process.
erehweslefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:11 PM   #35
Sous Chef
Cake? Seriously? The closest I've ever come to cake (so therefore my best one) was when I got fed to the teeth with rolling out a million little chocolate chip cookie. I mushed all the dough together and made a cake out of it in the cookie sheet, baked a couple minutes longer on a lower temp and had bars, rather than cake, I guess. But they were sure good.

And I found out that when you cut the bars large, it's sounds better when you say you had one bar of chocolate chip cake than 6 cookies.

rodentraiser is offline   Reply With Quote

cake, cakes