What is the best cake(s) you've ever made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my most requested cakes of all time has to be my Fuzzy Navel Cake. It has peach schnapps in the cake and in the glaze that gets drizzled on the hot cake. It has a wonderful flavor.
This reminds me that liqueurs and spirits can often improve an otherwise bland cake (especially plain sponge layers) by being drizzled into it! :yum:

Msmofet, Your cheesecake looks fabulous- My mouth is watering - Would you share the recipe.
Thanks so much always love a good cheesecake.
Thank you LC.

Let me find it and type it up. It may take a bit to type it out. I will get to it ASAP and post a link here when it is posted.

ok, now that we have some truly amazing cakes that are our own favorites, tis time to share the recipes. We might want to open a new thread for this and make our best available to everyone. Just sayin'.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

ok, now that we have some truly amazing cakes that are our own favorites, tis time to share the recipes. We might want to open a new thread for this and make our best available to everyone. Just sayin'.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
+1!! >>>create a thread with the recipe then post a link here.

When I made the pineapple upside down cake the other day, I had some batter left. I made just a plain cake and when it was done, I poked some holes in it and sprinkled the rest of the pineapple juice into it. I wrapped it tightly and put it in the fridge. Pirate decided to eat it without any frosting (as was my original plan). Was really surprised at how good it tasted.

I first had thought that I would use my deep 9" cake pan the next time I made the upside down cake. But I have changed my mind. :angel:

Lemon-Ricotta Cheesecake. Some simple graham-cracker crust and shaved-chocolate top, but the other main ingredients were two gallons of whole milk and four lemons, which gives ~3lb of lemon ricotta. (Luckily, panty-hose come with two legs, so you can drain both gallons at the same time.)

It was that rarest-of-things: a weightless cheesecake. I made it in a big square springform pan, and the entire thing evaporated.

Last edited:
Lemon-Ricotta Cheesecake. Some simple graham-cracker crust and shaved-chocolate top, but the other main ingredients were two gallons of whole milk and four lemons, which gives ~3lb of lemon ricotta. (Luckily, panty-hose come with two legs, so you can drain both gallons at the same time.)

It was that rarest-of-things: a weightless cheesecake. I made it in a big square springform pan, and the entire thing evaporated.

I have never been a big fan of graham crust. I like to try and match the flavor of the crust to the main offering. :angel:

Not exactly a cake, but this 4-layer dacquoise with hazelnuts, almonds, and espresso ganache was definitely the most work I've put into a dessert in a while. I think I got the recipe from ATK. Very pretty and very tasty.

TGEMqA2.jpg

klpzOJi.jpg

Great cooking techniques

hallo
my name is maryan am am trying to learn how to cook both weeding and birthday cakes. and this is my first forum i hope i will get help like recepies and procedure

Best Regards.
Maryan:chef:

LazyEngineer you have me just as you could spell dacquois The result looked awesome.

If I were you I would move to Utah, buy a decomped missle site, and hole up there eating dacquois and never go on the internet again.

Googled once 'how do I make bread' and believe me I am stuck with the cooking thing, even worked in a commercial kitchen, once upon a time.

I just mastered pie, I forgot cake. Let the learning curve again begin!

Last edited:
Cake? Seriously? The closest I've ever come to cake (so therefore my best one) was when I got fed to the teeth with rolling out a million little chocolate chip cookie. I mushed all the dough together and made a cake out of it in the cookie sheet, baked a couple minutes longer on a lower temp and had bars, rather than cake, I guess. But they were sure good.

And I found out that when you cut the bars large, it's sounds better when you say you had one bar of chocolate chip cake than 6 cookies. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom