What went wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babyhuggies

Senior Cook
HELP!!! Maybe someone out there can tell me what i did wrong.I made a apple bundt cake for the first time.I had this new cake "pan". one of those new soft rubber ones. well the problem is it didn't cook. it was all gooey around the tube part.this was not a moist dense cake like i thought it should be. Are these type of pans good or was it something i did.
the recipe calls for:
2 c- apples
cinnamon
1 tabelspoon w. sugar
3c- flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 salt

2 cups w. sugar
1 c-veggie oil(i thought was alot)
1/4c- oj juice
2 1/2 vanilla
4 eggs
beat liguid ingredents until smooth stir in dry---layer batter and apples cook for 55-60 minutes at 350 f
now this pan was supposed to cook faster so i started watching it from about 45 min. when it was in the oven i couldn't really tell when i did the toothpick test if i was just sticking it in an apple. wasn't tell it cooled and i had turned it out of the pan that i saw my mistake. any help would be greatly recieved.:ohmy: thanks

Apparently you just didn't cook it long enough. It's a normal recipe.

I am sure it was not the pan. I don't want to like the new flexible cake moulds, I don't like how light they are, I don't like how they look, but they tend to give me fairly decent results.

Do you think maybe your apples were juicier than usual? Is this a recipe you'd made before? The amount of oil looks okay to me; I'd have to compare the quantity of eggs, tho, to a similar cake - 4 seems a bit many.

well as i said --this pan was supposed to cook in a shorter amount of time.That is why i kept checking and took it out after 60 minutes.
Even that long was not enough.
I did think maybe the apples had to much juice or were just to many.

Thanks so much for the in put so far

WHY do you think this. If the cake is not done even LONGER that it takes, it is what it takes. Perhaps your oven temp isn't correct.
When I bake a cake, I bake it until it is done.

Back
Top Bottom