What would be the perfect frosting and filling for a pina colada cake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelwings

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone! I'm making a pina colada cake and was wanting some suggestions for the perfect frosting and filling? Thanks x

Hmmmmmmmmm a frosting flavored with pineapple or lemon (colored yellow - optional) then flaked coconut pressed all around top and sides (coloring - optional) IMHO

There's no lemon in a Pina Colada. I'd go with a pineapple filling and coconut frosting. Sounds delicious. I'd rather eat that cake than drink one of the drinks. ;)

I agree with June - pineapple & coconut sound perfect! And if you like the flavor, a little dark rum or rum extract might be nice as well.

I agree with June - pineapple & coconut sound perfect! And if you like the flavor, a little dark rum or rum extract might be nice as well.

There's no lemon in a Pina Colada. I'd go with a pineapple filling and coconut frosting. Sounds delicious. I'd rather eat that cake than drink one of the drinks. ;)

I totally agree, this is exactly what I would do... ;):)

Rum flavored cream cheese topped with coconut....Before icing. poke lots of holes (fork) in the cake and pour in pineapple juice sweetened slightly with sugar.....

Back
Top Bottom