Which one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
I am making the Hershey's chocolate cake. Instead of their frosting, I am making a white frosting and dyeing it green. the cake will be baked in a bunt pan and resemble a wreath when I am through. I have all the dry ingredients mixed and put aside. Will finish the cake on the 23rd.

So for the frosting. Cream cheese or butter cream? It will be dyed green and covered in green coconut with dark green sugar throughout to make it sparkle. Any recommendations? :angel:

Cream Cheese...it's way better for my heart, anyway:heart:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: For you, cream cheese it is. I will send your piece on its way. The reason I considered CC is because it is not as sweet as the butter cream icing. And with the coconut it will be sweet enough. I just wasn't sure of my decision. You convinced me. :angel:

I would have chosen butter cream. I just don't like the combination of cream cheese and chocolate. That just my personal taste though.

I love chocolate cake with cream cheese icing!

I was thinking if making a yule log and filling it with cream cheese icing.

With the cookies and the cake, her guests will be bouncing off the walls with all the sugar. She is not serving any alcohol. And I can't blame her. These are her husbands sisters and their spouses. If she serves alcohol, they won't leave until the last drop is gone and someone has gone out to get more. It will be the week of her chemo and I think she is crazy for doing it that week This week would have been so much better. Fortunately because they are family, her husband can toss them out at any time. And he will. :angel:

I thought it was normal for kids to be bouncing off the wall at Christmas. Adults sometimes too. Well, at least your daughte/ SIL will have the adults corralled. I sometimes make jam thumbprint cookies and fill the centers with a CC / chocolate frosting instead of jelly. I vote cream cheese frosting. A nice thick layer.

I vote carrot cake with cream cheese frosting lol! (It is good!)
I don't count though Addie, I don't even like chocolate cake so I shouldn't be part of this conversation. I'm just bored. I'm sure your cake will be lovely either way :)

Sometimes cream cheese is hard to decorate with. I always refrigerate it before piping it out, but it can fall later once it hits room temp.

IMO buttercream is boring, but it holds shape nicely. To get a richer flavor in a buttercream I use a few tbs of heavy cream. Nice flavor, and holds it's shape well.

But yeah, EVERYTHING tastes better with CHEESE! :yum:

My choice is based on the fat content of butter and cream cheese, and only becuase I have been thoroughly enmeshed in diet & activity changes for my heart disease this weekend. I'm prepping for massive weight loss after the first of the year. This year I am going to win both the Biggest Loser and Polar Bear Club at work.

My choice is based on the fat content of butter and cream cheese, and only becuase I have been thoroughly enmeshed in diet & activity changes for my heart disease this weekend. I'm prepping for massive weight loss after the first of the year. This year I am going to win both the Biggest Loser and Polar Bear Club at work.

Polar Bear Club?

My vote is for cream cheese frosting ... and on mine you can leave off the cake LOL :yum:

Sometimes cream cheese is hard to decorate with. I always refrigerate it before piping it out, but it can fall later once it hits room temp.

IMO buttercream is boring, but it holds shape nicely. To get a richer flavor in a buttercream I use a few tbs of heavy cream. Nice flavor, and holds it's shape well.

But yeah, EVERYTHING tastes better with CHEESE! :yum:

I am not decorating with the cream cheese frosting. I am covering the cake with it and then the coconut will be pressed into it.

You are so right! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom