Whipped Cream Frosting Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used Goodweed's recipe for the whipped cream frosting and it held up perfectly. The only thing I did differently was to drop a tespoon of lavender into the heavy cream the night before I made the frosting, and added a coupla drops of purple food coloring for a subtle lavender glow. Here's the cake.. Lemon olive oil cake (4 layers) with lemon custard and lavender frosting. I wanted edible flowers but couldn't find them that day. Sorry no pics of the inside, we ate it too fast!

Good job grasshopper. You now need only walk 20 feet accross the delicate rice paper, in bare feet, without cracking or breaking it, thrust your hands into a hot cauldron of smoking-hot pepples, and then lift the cauldron with your forearms and carry it to a pedestal three feet away, thus branding yourself with the image of the pastry goddess, Whodidthiswonderfulcake. Only then will you have graduated to grand priestess of the cake.:ROFLMAO:

Your cake looks wonderful. Wish I could have been there to share it with you. Good job!:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Good job grasshopper. You now need only walk 20 feet accross the delicate rice paper, in bare feet, without cracking or breaking it, thrust your hands into a hot cauldron of smoking-hot pepples, and then lift the cauldron with your forearms and carry it to a pedestal three feet away, thus branding yourself with the image of the pastry goddess, Whodidthiswonderfulcake. Only then will you have graduated to grand priestess of the cake.:ROFLMAO:

Your cake looks wonderful. Wish I could have been there to share it with you. Good job!:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
:LOL::stuart:Many thanks, Sensai

Whipped cream icing

Hi,
I have read your thread regarding the whipped cream as frosting. I would like to make a Elmo cake for my daughter for her 2nd b.day. I don't want to use food coloring for red. Do you suggest anything else like strawberry puree instead? If you have any recepie that has the whipped cream icing with fruit puree please forward that to me.
I would like to use the whipped cream but red color for Elmo's face.

Thanks

Hi,
I have read your thread regarding the whipped cream as frosting. I would like to make a Elmo cake for my daughter for her 2nd b.day. I don't want to use food coloring for red. Do you suggest anything else like strawberry puree instead? If you have any recepie that has the whipped cream icing with fruit puree please forward that to me.
I would like to use the whipped cream but red color for Elmo's face.

Thanks

Just got back home after a trip West for my daughter's wedding, and so just saw this post.

I have made a very light and tasty butter-cream that included an entire jar of seedless, red-raspberry jam. It was indeed a lovely pink color when completed, and the jam added a wonderful texture and flavor to the buttercream. To make this wonderful icing;

Soften four sticks of unsweetend real butter. Add 1 tsp. of clear vanilla extract. Add confectioner's sugar, a cup at a time, and mix thouroughly. Continue adding the sugar until the icing begins to firm up to form soft peaks. Spoon in the jam, a couple tbs. at a time and mix in completely until all of the jam is added. Test the consistancy and flavor. Add more confectioner's sugar as needed. If the icing is too stiff, add a tbs. of water and combine until all is blended.

Of course this technique can be used with a host of jams, jellies, and even pie fillings to create wonderful toppings for cakes and pastries. I haven't tried adding jams to whipped cream, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. I don't think I'd add unflavored gelitine to the whipped cream if I were going to add jam though.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I don't know much about pectin, but I wonder if you could use red pectin instead of food coloring? If you wanted to use the whuipped cream frosting recipe, I bet the pectin would stabilize the frosting in place of gelatin. Maybe someone could fill us in on the wonders of pectin. Am I kidding myself that red pectin isn't made by simply using food coloring, as well?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom