Whipped frosting for cakes and cupcakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
Looking for this frosting / icing I had from a grocery store cupcake. I was doing errands and had to run into the grocery store for a couple of items, hubbie decide to just wait in the car and requested some kind of a cupcake or doughnut. I saw a pack of 4 chocolate cupcakes with a colorful icing. Thought that will satisfy his sweet tooth. I normally don't eat them from a grocery store as I find them very dry. To my surprise it was super moist and had the lightest, fluffiness frosting / icing on it. It also was not sweet either. Now wondering if any one has a recipe for something like that.
Thank you.

This is a creamy inexpensive frosting that is very smooth like whipped cream. Some bakeries use it as a filling for whoppie pies, doughnuts, etc... I always added a little almond extract and used it to frost a white layer cake covered with coconut for Easter. It sounds and looks gross until you whip it for several minutes and the granulated sugar crystals melt, just follow the directions and have faith.:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It can be made a day or two ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until needed.

This frosting stays soft and silky, doesn't form a sugary crust or weep.

https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/member-recipe/00370602/mock-whip-cream-frosting

Good luck!

Last edited:
My sister wanted to learn how to decorate cakes. So she attended a night course. We were both surprised to find out that the majority of professional bakeries, use Crisco or the like in their frosting.

Personally, I prefer a cream cheese frosting. It is really smooth and has a great taste when made right.

Aside from the fact that I just LOVE cream cheese, I find that not only does cream cheese frosting help cut back on the sugar for diabetics, but is so much less sweet.
And the best part is that there are less calories in the cream cheese frosting than in the butter cream frosting. The amount of calories in the cream cheese for the frosting is 50 calories. For the butter cream frosting it is 100 calories.

But nowhere can I find the information regarding the nutritional information for the sugar. They both use powdered sugar. But I am not giving up. I will go to my nutritionist.

Off the topic a bit. How do store bought cakes get their frosting so evenly coated. I've made 3 cakes so far and use a spatula for the icing. It's yummy and all, but looks a little sloppy. I'll watch some YouTubes, maybe get some tips.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand what you are asking. I always understood that sugar on its own has no other nutrients.

It does. But there are other ingredients in different frosting besides sugar. I am curios about other frosting that have some strange additives to them. When I cook or bake, I do want to know what I am putting in my body. I am also curios regarding foods of other countries.

Back
Top Bottom