"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 08-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

White Chocolate Butter Frosting - Recipes?

Hi everyone,

Would anyone happen to have a tried-and-tested, fabulous white chocolate frosting recipe to hand?

I'm getting married on Sunday - just a small ceremony with only a handful of guests (well, 6 to be precise!).

I'm making everything myself, including the cake. I've decided on a White Chocolate and Strawberry Layer Cake. I've got a cake recipe, but I'm still searching for a good frosting recipe.

I make a really nice cream cheese frosting normally for many of my cakes, but I'd like something a bit ''classier' for the cake.

I'm looking for a good White Chocolate Butter Frosting recipe - with or without cream cheese.

Any tips greatly appreciated - many thanks in advance :-)

Follow my 365 Day Mrs Beeton adventure at: http://mrsbeetonin365days.wordpress.com
VegLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
Master Chef

Hi and congratulations!
here's my white chocolate butter cream recipe.

1 cup of real butter softened (salted)
2 cups of icing sugar
6 ounces of white chocolate melted
3-6 tbs of cream
In a large bowl beat icing sugar and butter till light and fluffy. Mix half the cream slowly into melted chocolate. Add chocolate mix slowly to butter icing mix. Beat till fluffy.
Add remaining cream if needed.
The seeds scraped out of a fresh vanilla pod can be added to make it extra special.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

Thank you so much - this version looks delicious!!!! :-)

Follow my 365 Day Mrs Beeton adventure at: http://mrsbeetonin365days.wordpress.com
Old 08-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Congratulations VegLover!

@Snip, that does look really good.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

Thanks purple.alien.giraffe - love your name ;-)

Old 08-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegLover View Post
Thank you so much - this version looks delicious!!!! :-)
Only a pleasure
P.S Another classy but simple idea if you are doing the cake yourself is to dip some strawberries in dark chocolate and decorate your cake with them. The bright red and contrasting dark chocolate really stand out against the white icing and look gorgeous. The strawberries can also double as dessert.
Most baking supply stores also have edible shimmer powders or glitter. I made my wedding cake similar to yours and dusted the white icing with mother of pearl edible glitter and it was shimmery without being tacky.
I also used edible flowers.
A large clear vase with glass pebbles at the bottom in your chosen colour filled almost to the top with water with just a few perfect flowers or floating candle floating on top looks great too.
Since your have only a few guests a nice trinket for them to take home would be a small box of gourmet chocolates with perhaps a black and white or sepia tone image of yourself and hubby printed on top.
Or you could have some CD's with some of your and hubby favourite songs and your wedding song done for each guest to take home. I did this and we had our picture taken in black and white at a studio that does old victorian style dress and I had this as the CD cover.
just a few ideas since you asked for some, hope you can use some of them.
Enjoy your wedding!!!!!

Old 08-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Thanks for the extra tips Snip13 :-)

I love the idea about the dark chocolate-dipped strawberries. I'm making a chocolate mousse to end the meal (before the cake is served) and will keep some of the dark chocolate left over from that for the strawberries. I also have some edible sugar roses to decorate it as well, alongside the strawberries, so I'm hoping it looks good - I'll post a pic on here afterwards so you can see what I did.

We decided against wedding favours as it's a small wedding and we also live in a rural area, so it's not so easy to put something together in a hurry. But I hope they enjoy the meal and of course the day anyway.

Thanks again for your ideas - my OH loves the ideas of the strawberries too! :-)

Old 08-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Hi and congratulations!
here's my white chocolate butter cream recipe.

1 cup of real butter softened (salted)
2 cups of icing sugar
6 ounces of white chocolate melted
3-6 tbs of cream
In a large bowl beat icing sugar and butter till light and fluffy. Mix half the cream slowly into melted chocolate. Add chocolate mix slowly to butter icing mix. Beat till fluffy.
Add remaining cream if needed.
The seeds scraped out of a fresh vanilla pod can be added to make it extra special.

Thank you. I copied and pasted.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
Head Chef

First, congratulations
Second, omg,Imho any frosting recipe with chocolate and butter in it has got to be heavenly. Here's hoping that your wedding and your marriage are both memorable and fulfilling.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:44 AM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegLover View Post
Thanks for the extra tips Snip13 :-)

I love the idea about the dark chocolate-dipped strawberries. I'm making a chocolate mousse to end the meal (before the cake is served) and will keep some of the dark chocolate left over from that for the strawberries. I also have some edible sugar roses to decorate it as well, alongside the strawberries, so I'm hoping it looks good - I'll post a pic on here afterwards so you can see what I did.

We decided against wedding favours as it's a small wedding and we also live in a rural area, so it's not so easy to put something together in a hurry. But I hope they enjoy the meal and of course the day anyway.

Thanks again for your ideas - my OH loves the ideas of the strawberries too! :-)
I'm sure everything will be great Have a lovely wedding!
If you want any more ideas or get stuck just shout, I'm not a pro or anything but I have arranged about 100 weddings while working at a game lodge and I did both my own weddings myself. Looking forward to seeing your pics!
P.S What meal are your serving?

Tags
butter, chocolate