White Chocolate Butter Frosting - Recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VegLover

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,

Would anyone happen to have a tried-and-tested, fabulous white chocolate frosting recipe to hand?

I'm getting married on Sunday - just a small ceremony with only a handful of guests (well, 6 to be precise!).

I'm making everything myself, including the cake. I've decided on a White Chocolate and Strawberry Layer Cake. I've got a cake recipe, but I'm still searching for a good frosting recipe.

I make a really nice cream cheese frosting normally for many of my cakes, but I'd like something a bit ''classier' for the cake.

I'm looking for a good White Chocolate Butter Frosting recipe - with or without cream cheese.

Any tips greatly appreciated - many thanks in advance :)

Hi and congratulations!
here's my white chocolate butter cream recipe.

1 cup of real butter softened (salted)
2 cups of icing sugar
6 ounces of white chocolate melted
3-6 tbs of cream
In a large bowl beat icing sugar and butter till light and fluffy. Mix half the cream slowly into melted chocolate. Add chocolate mix slowly to butter icing mix. Beat till fluffy.
Add remaining cream if needed.
The seeds scraped out of a fresh vanilla pod can be added to make it extra special.

Last edited:
Thank you so much - this version looks delicious!!!! :)

Only a pleasure :)
P.S Another classy but simple idea if you are doing the cake yourself is to dip some strawberries in dark chocolate and decorate your cake with them. The bright red and contrasting dark chocolate really stand out against the white icing and look gorgeous. The strawberries can also double as dessert.
Most baking supply stores also have edible shimmer powders or glitter. I made my wedding cake similar to yours and dusted the white icing with mother of pearl edible glitter and it was shimmery without being tacky.
I also used edible flowers.
A large clear vase with glass pebbles at the bottom in your chosen colour filled almost to the top with water with just a few perfect flowers or floating candle floating on top looks great too.
Since your have only a few guests a nice trinket for them to take home would be a small box of gourmet chocolates with perhaps a black and white or sepia tone image of yourself and hubby printed on top.
Or you could have some CD's with some of your and hubby favourite songs and your wedding song done for each guest to take home. I did this and we had our picture taken in black and white at a studio that does old victorian style dress and I had this as the CD cover.
just a few ideas since you asked for some, hope you can use some of them.
Enjoy your wedding!!!!!

Thanks for the extra tips Snip13 :)

I love the idea about the dark chocolate-dipped strawberries. I'm making a chocolate mousse to end the meal (before the cake is served) and will keep some of the dark chocolate left over from that for the strawberries. I also have some edible sugar roses to decorate it as well, alongside the strawberries, so I'm hoping it looks good - I'll post a pic on here afterwards so you can see what I did.

We decided against wedding favours as it's a small wedding and we also live in a rural area, so it's not so easy to put something together in a hurry. But I hope they enjoy the meal and of course the day anyway.

Thanks again for your ideas - my OH loves the ideas of the strawberries too! :)

Hi and congratulations!
here's my white chocolate butter cream recipe.

1 cup of real butter softened (salted)
2 cups of icing sugar
6 ounces of white chocolate melted
3-6 tbs of cream
In a large bowl beat icing sugar and butter till light and fluffy. Mix half the cream slowly into melted chocolate. Add chocolate mix slowly to butter icing mix. Beat till fluffy.
Add remaining cream if needed.
The seeds scraped out of a fresh vanilla pod can be added to make it extra special.

Thank you. I copied and pasted.:chef:

First, congratulations
Second, omg,Imho any frosting recipe with chocolate and butter in it has got to be heavenly. Here's hoping that your wedding and your marriage are both memorable and fulfilling.

Thanks for the extra tips Snip13 :)

I love the idea about the dark chocolate-dipped strawberries. I'm making a chocolate mousse to end the meal (before the cake is served) and will keep some of the dark chocolate left over from that for the strawberries. I also have some edible sugar roses to decorate it as well, alongside the strawberries, so I'm hoping it looks good - I'll post a pic on here afterwards so you can see what I did.

We decided against wedding favours as it's a small wedding and we also live in a rural area, so it's not so easy to put something together in a hurry. But I hope they enjoy the meal and of course the day anyway.

Thanks again for your ideas - my OH loves the ideas of the strawberries too! :)

I'm sure everything will be great :) Have a lovely wedding!
If you want any more ideas or get stuck just shout, I'm not a pro or anything but I have arranged about 100 weddings while working at a game lodge and I did both my own weddings myself. Looking forward to seeing your pics!
P.S What meal are your serving?

Thanks everyone!

I've just prepared the frosting - OMG it is delicious!!!! My OH plus future father-in-law were both in the kitchen to get a sample off the beater. All-round approval!

:)

We were all really happy with the cake, especially the frosting!

Here's a pic of the finished cake:
">

The menu I prepared was:

Cream of Asparagus Soup (with home-made mini French baguettes)
Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Prosciutto, Served in a Tomato Sauce with Jasmine Rice
Chocolate Mousse
Wedding Cake and Coffee

We were all a bit full by the dessert stage, so the cake was cut much later on. It was absolutely delicious (if I do say so myself ;-) )

Thanks again for your help :)

Last edited:

">

The menu I prepared was:

Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Prosciutto, Served in a Tomato Sauce with Jasmine Rice
Chocolate Mousse
Wedding Cake and Coffee

We were all a bit full by the dessert stage, so the cake was cut much later on. It was absolutely delicious (if I do say so myself ;-) )

That looks absolutely stunning!!! The menu sounds delicious as well. Glad the icing worked for you :) And the strawberry decoration looks great!
Congratulations on your wedding once again and may you have a long and wonderful life together!

VegLover said:

">

The menu I prepared was:

Chocolate Mousse
Wedding Cake and Coffee

That is absolutely beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom