Wilton Big Cupcake pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i bought one. lots of fun. last one was yellow cake. i put chocolate frosting on the bottom and white on top with sprinkles. going to make one this week for a bday. looks very fancy and people love em.

no real hints, just use two cake mixes. don't over fill. about 2/3 way up. i did have batter left and made cupcakes from it.

I too have used mine countless times. I used to "carve" large cupcakes but can't be bothered since I got this as a present a couple of years ago.

I made one to look like a house to give the nurses who took such good care of me (twice) last year with my knee surgeries. Sorry, got no pictures of this one and I am kicking myself!

You will really love it. Just make sure you use a more dense cake. Mixes are all pretty good but I use scratch and some haven't held up to the shape of the top.

i bought one. lots of fun. last one was yellow cake. i put chocolate frosting on the bottom and white on top with sprinkles. going to make one this week for a bday. looks very fancy and people love em.

no real hints, just use two cake mixes. don't over fill. about 2/3 way up. i did have batter left and made cupcakes from it.

one more tip. frost the bottom before putting the top on easier that way, also put thin layer frosting to glue the bottom to the top:chef:

Thanks for the hints. Now I just have to decide how I am going to decorate it.
Maybe a soccer ball as that is his favorite and then the regular cupcakes w/ different sport balls. Or make a soccer field on the tray - use the big cup cake as the soocer ball and then decorate the lil ones with the team members numbers. So many ideas running through the head this morning.

Thanks for the hints. Now I just have to decide how I am going to decorate it.
Maybe a soccer ball as that is his favorite and then the regular cupcakes w/ different sport balls. Or make a soccer field on the tray - use the big cup cake as the soocer ball and then decorate the lil ones with the team members numbers. So many ideas running through the head this morning.

You know there is an actual "sports ball" pan by Wilton as well. I have made several things out of it, including recently a half baseball half golf ball for a birthday cake. There might be a picture of it on my profile.

Back
Top Bottom