You have to make this Pumpkin Bundt cake!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoe Zheng

Assistant Cook
This is Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Bundt Cake

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup canned pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use 2% Fage)
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup Wholesome! organic honey
1 cup butter, barely melted
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Preparation:

1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2.Whisk the pumpkin, eggs, yogurt, sugar, honey, and vanilla together until smooth. Slowly whisk in the butter.

3.Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, and stir gently until just combined.

4.In a small bowl, mix the streusel ingredients.

5.Pour half of the cake batter into a bundt pan. Pour the streusel mixture over the top, staying away from the edges. Top with remaining batter.

6.Bake for 50 minutes – exterior will be very dark brown – that’s okay, don’t panic. ? It tastes amazing.

We've made bundt cake before and I really like "Tunnel of Fudge", but pumpkin isn't something we like. When my wife makes pumpkin pie, the puree has to be homemade from a sugar/pie pumpkin, which are only available around our fall/winter holidays.

Sounds great, Have a grandson in the Marines ( In MOS school at moment )and he is a fall baby for sure. He loves anything pumpkin and cinnamon. Will have to make this and ship it to him. I am sure he thanks you also.

General question. Can butternut squash be substituted for pumpkin in baking? In UK, unless you grow your own, pumpkins are only around in October - for hallowe'en lanterns and aren't grown for flavour!

General question. Can butternut squash be substituted for pumpkin in baking? In UK, unless you grow your own, pumpkins are only around in October - for hallowe'en lanterns and aren't grown for flavour!

Yes, you can use most winter squash as a sub for pumpkin. Lots of butternut squash go into pumpkin pies.

You can also use sweet potatoes, yams, acorn squash for pies.

Back
Top Bottom