A lot of vanilla in cookie recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
I found this recipe for chocolate chip cookies today in our local newspaper. It calls for ( 1-two ounce bottle Watkin's Vanilla Extract ). Yes the whole bottle. The rest of the recipe is just your normal ingredients. Has anyone ever used this much vanilla in your chocolate chip cookie recipe? The title of the recipe is "The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Ever ".

Yes, that's a huge amount for a recipe. But - I think most recipes call for far too little and I almost always double and treble what is called for. Same for key spices such as cinnamon. Most recipes just don't call for near enough to really get the benefit of a crucial ingredient.

JoAnn L. said:
I found this recipe for chocolate chip cookies today in our local newspaper. It calls for ( 1-two ounce bottle Watkin's Vanilla Extract ). Yes the whole bottle. The rest of the recipe is just your normal ingredients. Has anyone ever used this much vanilla in your chocolate chip cookie recipe? The title of the recipe is "The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Ever ".

I made cookies with extra vanilla once, to try it out.
They turned out really brown...obviously. They looked like they were burned and hard, but really they were fine, and chewy. They tasted even better than the normal version IMO. I love vanilla.

A lot of vanilla for sure.....I think I will stick with letscook NM World Famous Chocolate Chip Cookie

Back
Top Bottom