Alix, great success with cut out cookies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paperwhite, they are lovely! These are from the Can't Fail recipe yes? I'm so glad you had success with it. And tell your 4 YO he/she did a lovely job decorating.

That's right Alix, I used the no-fail sugar cookies method, only made half the recipe and now of course I regret it, because they are good enough to give as Christmas presents .
mackenzie and Leo cooking.jpg
I used a royal icing recipe.. (eggwhite+ icing sugar)
and put about 1/2 cup in 2 ziplock baggies.
I used 2 drops of red for the pink, and 1 drop of blue with a half a smidgin of green to get the aqua. And pink cachous.
Then I added milk and icing sugar to the remaining royal icing to make the flooding mixture, that's not really very good, I would have liked it to be whiter and more opaque.

With the flooding, I got a 5 ml syringe from the chemist, it was very good for contol. And I dragged the flood icing into the corners with a toothpick.
another shot.jpg
we made some of the stars thicker and baked them with long skewers in them..they will poke out the top of the baggies

You have inspired me to bake tomorrow! I bought some "writing icing" in tubes on the weekend so I will cheat and use that to decorate.

paperwhite said:
That's right Alix, I used the no-fail sugar cookies method, only made half the recipe and now of course I regret it, because they are good enough to give as Christmas presents .
View attachment 2259
I used a royal icing recipe.. (eggwhite+ icing sugar)
and put about 1/2 cup in 2 ziplock baggies.
I used 2 drops of red for the pink, and 1 drop of blue with a half a smidgin of green to get the aqua. And pink cachous.
Then I added milk and icing sugar to the remaining royal icing to make the flooding mixture, that's not really very good, I would have liked it to be whiter and more opaque.

With the flooding, I got a 5 ml syringe from the chemist, it was very good for contol. And I dragged the flood icing into the corners with a toothpick.
View attachment 2258
we made some of the stars thicker and baked them with long skewers in them..they will poke out the top of the baggies

Thank you.
I've always just messed around with amounts of icing sugar and milk, or water, or something. I never thought of eggwhites. Hahaha

Alix....Now where can I locate the Can't Fail recipe? paperwhite, they are a great Holiday Cookie. "happy the home with the full cooky jar"

Back
Top Bottom