"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 05-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Anyone ever try this?

Today, I spread a little chunky peanut butter onto a graham cracker, and sandwiched another graham cracker on top. Interesting, it tastes kind of like a Nutter Butter.

Maybe mix some peanut butter with some powdered sugar, and a little butter to keep it soft, then spread on graham crackers. For some real fun, dip into melted chocolate, and lay out on waxed paper until the chocolate sets up.

Old 05-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #2
Head Chef

Sounds wonderful...like a peanut butter smore without the marshmallow.

As kids, sometimes for after school snacks we'd have graham crackers with leftover frosting.

Old 05-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
Master Chef

Ooh, peanut butter and graham crackers...sounds great.

How about this...spread cracker with peanut butter, top with section of Hershey's chocolate bar, and a marshmallow. Then run under the broiler just long enough to roast the marshmallow?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

I can't believe you people have never eaten peanut butter on graham crackers before.

It was a staple of my childhood, which occurred well before chocolate graham crackers came out (now, there's an idea for you).
Old 05-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

I used to put peanut butter on 1 side of a slice of bread and Kraft marshmallow creme on another slice to make a really good sandwich. And then, there were my chocolate sandwiches! Remember them fondly. Mine were simply chocolate syrup spread on bread. If I were going to make that today AND if I had a George Forman grill, I would choose a fabulous chocolate for the inside of the sandwich and spread butter on the outside or spray it w/ I can't believe it's not butter and then grill it to have a warm gooey chocolate sandwich. Now that I think of it, I'll bet the peanut butter and marshmallow creme would be good warmed up, too.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #6
Cook

All of this peanut butter talk has given me the idea of some kind of peanut butter chocolate type of fondue. Does anyone have sugguestions for something like that?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Allen, here's one I posted the other day under Favorite cracker plate.

What is your favorite cracker plate?

There were others as well:
How could I forget one of my favorites! S'mores!!!

Rocky Road S'mores.

http://causeyoucare.keebler.com/smores.html

Try it with a slice of banana, (maybe some peanut butter spread on the cracker), a marshmallow & piece of milk chocolate.

OR

Cherry pie filling, a marshmallow & a piece of dark chocolate.

Yummers!

The smoked salmon looks pretty good too!

http://causeyoucare.keebler.com/salmon.html
Old 05-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #8
Senior Cook

I've had a peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwich! My neighbor made me one a long time ago, right before going to the pol. All I remember is getting a stomach ache after getting in the pool even though she said it is an old wives tale. It was probably just a cramp though.
That's one of the few peanut butter sandwiches I've ever had. And the only time I've had marshmallow creme.

Though right now I really want to have graham crackers with peanut butter, but I think I threw out the graham crackers a couple months ago because they were years old, and I know there is definately not any peanut butter in the house.

edit: now I see Mish's post and I wish I had graham crackers in the house. or any of the ingredients too. though I do have a banana... and nutella, but that's about as close as I can get. And cinnamon rice cake chips... I don't think that would be as yummy, or stay together.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:48 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Yum - all variations sound good to me.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmar
I know there is definately not any peanut butter in the house.
You must not have any kids or grandchildren hanging around, Marmar. When you have kids around, ya gotta have peanut butter.

I remember one Saturday morning, when I was a very young child, I woke up before my parents, tiptoed into the kitchen, and got out the peanut butter and strawberry jam. When Mom and Dad got up, I was eating both out of the jar with a spoon. I didn't get in trouble...I just got a bad tummy ache.

Tags
None