Apple*Tart- would you give me your recipe for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonjaktez

Assistant Cook
your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies? I've never had any or made them but one of my sons loves pumpkin pie and chocolate chips cookies so I though I'd make them for him.

He turned 18 last month and I'm having a hard time with that and am "babying him" before he grows up too much and leaves home.

Thank you!

awww...baby's growing up :(
You baby him all you want with food, i am sure he will never get too old for that! :)

i am not apple*tart, but if you do not get a response, you can always google it. (or any other search engine)

Man o man, I have been craving these cookies lately! I actually don't have a recipe - yet! I googled and looked on recipe sites and mostly found recipes that yield "cake-like" cookies, which is not what I'm going for. I want something like a regular chocolate chip cookie, but maybe even a little more moist and dense!

So, I'm going to experiment. I've got a few ideas and I'm planning on trying them soon. I may even be able to make my first batch today - I've just been pressed for time lately. When I get a good recipe, though, I'll be happy to come back and post it for you!

I know that some folks substitute applesauce for oil in recipes, so maybe it would work for pumpkin, too. Although cookies usually use butter/shortening. Maybe cut down on that amount and use canned pumpkin as a partial replacement.
Let us know how it goes...

awww...baby's growing up :(
You baby him all you want with food, i am sure he will never get too old for that! :)

i am not apple*tart, but if you do not get a response, you can always google it. (or any other search engine)

I think he has figured out this is hard for me and he's going to love having all his favorite foods.

Man o man, I have been craving these cookies lately! I actually don't have a recipe - yet! I googled and looked on recipe sites and mostly found recipes that yield "cake-like" cookies, which is not what I'm going for. I want something like a regular chocolate chip cookie, but maybe even a little more moist and dense!

So, I'm going to experiment. I've got a few ideas and I'm planning on trying them soon. I may even be able to make my first batch today - I've just been pressed for time lately. When I get a good recipe, though, I'll be happy to come back and post it for you!

The ones that I found also were cake-like cookies too and I'd prefer a cookie not cake-like.

I know that some folks substitute applesauce for oil in recipes, so maybe it would work for pumpkin, too. Although cookies usually use butter/shortening. Maybe cut down on that amount and use canned pumpkin as a partial replacement.
Let us know how it goes...

I may try and do some experimenting tho I'm not very good at it. I'll let you know what happens.

I'm actually going for something chewy and dense rather than crisp. If you've ever had the pumpkin chocolate chips from The Fresh Market, something like that is my holy grail.

That's great, I was just trying to help. Several times it was expressed that "cake like" was NOT what she was looking for, so when it was describes as "cake like" I thought I'd help clarify.
but, the OP has settled on a recipe, so I'm outta here...

Back
Top Bottom